Read this first if no location on web

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
TheMann

Post by TheMann »

I also have a Boostmobile i415 phone (actually, two phones). Both have been working great for past 3 weeks. But no data has been available from either phone since March 12, 2:38 pm. I live west of Houston, TX.

Where do you live? There may be a regional outage of MMS data service - just guessing. I posted another message on this issue.

- Dave
Louvin

Post by Louvin »

Dave...

I'm in a rural area, inland central coast California. My i415 gave me one map location on the initial start up but then pooped out on subsequent tries. It's prolly something simple I'm missing....it usually is.

...Lou
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

There is a Nextel Data Network Outage today in US. Nextel is aware of the problem and is working on it.

More details and updates thread: viewtopic.php?p=2679
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
boom222

!!!

Post by boom222 »

TheMann wrote: Both have been working great for past 3 weeks. But no data has been available from either phone since March 12, 2:38 pm.
I have the same problem...since March 12 2006 04:03:37 PM. :oops:
zardiw

Post by zardiw »

I think a lot of these i415 phones are fubar.........that's why they're so cheap..........made in china with inferior materials....and Motorola flakey software........z
Faster horses, yw, ow, mm........................z
dencar123

Multiple i415's not working - E825

Post by dencar123 »

I have bought 5 of the i415 and the first two I have tried have not worked at all. I am in the process of trying the other 3. I was in California and thought maybe it was something there and now I am back in Chicago and still not working. It has been over a month since I activated my phone. It sends/receives calls and sends/receives web data.

I try my i58 and it works fine. Status messages show sent with DT Stamp but I am not showing anything on the website. I am getting 3-7 satellites with 100% signal & 100% battery. E825 message and Lat/Long says N/A.

GPS settings are unrestricted. I have master reset and power cycled too.

Any answers?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Multiple i415's not working - E825

Post by ATSupport »

dencar123 wrote:Status messages show sent with DT Stamp but I am not showing anything on the website.
If you have multiple AccuTracking accounts, this indicates your phone might be registered under one account and you are checking another account on the web. If you see "Sent TIMESTAMP", it means the server has received your data. Check your tracker ID on the phone against the ID under your account.
AccuTracking Support
dencar123

i415 not working

Post by dencar123 »

I have been using Accutracking for almost 2 years now and I have just started transitioning over to i415's from i58. I only have one account right now so there is no conflict there. I was able to get the unit to start working after letting it get a GPS fix through the phones GPS menu. Then I started Accu. and let it catch a fix and it seemed to work for about 8 hours then stopped again.

I have no problems at all with my i58's stil to this day. However, with the number of problems I am having I am going to have to move away from Accutracking and try some other services.

It seems that the market is developing better and more reliable products recently and I just can't rely on the multiple issues with Accutracking and Motorola anymore.

Please give us all some solutions to the problems or I personally wil have to move on as I suspect others will/have.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Do you still see the E825 message on the screen? If so it just means the GPS reception is not good enough to lock your position and you just need a better view of the sky (i58sr has better GPS reception because it has dedicated GPS antenna, while newer phones share the GPS antenna with cell antenna).
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

Where are you thinking of going to? Can I get some i58 phones?....z