how often does it map me?

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
plasma

how often does it map me?

Post by plasma »

Viewing the history, As I drove around town it marked spots at a seemingly random time. One mark was 2 minutes after the last then 20 minutes etc. In an hour drive I had 6 hits. Can I set it to spot me every 5 minutes?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Please see our knowledgebase article: http://support.accutracking.com/kb/article/000012
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
plasma

history

Post by plasma »

Yes I had it set at 1 minute but the hits were quite random, sometimes 1 minute sometimes 20 minutes.
Although now, the second day, it seems to have calmed down and happens every couple of minutes.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

When it cannot get a GPS fix, you'll see longer intervals.
AccuTracking Support
jeffj13

Mapping History

Post by jeffj13 »

I have my i415 under the seat of my vehicle right. I have the phone set to send a signal back every 5 minutes. However, I am getting tracking history 30 minutes (exactly). Why is this?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

That's because you have "Smart Sending" option enabled in your AccuTracking settings on the phone.

Quoted from http://support.accutracking.com/kb/article/000018

When the phone stands still in one place for a while, most GPS data are redundant - the same data within the margin of GPS signal error. Smart Sending will only send data when your data is "fresh" hence elimilate most redundant data and save your Data Access Plan bandwidth. For a typical client that is not always moving, Smart Sending option can reduce the network usage significantly.

(Since version 3.2) To prevent the Smart Sending from blocking all redundant data when the phone is staying in one place for a long time, and making the phone completely invisible or un-trackable, the Smart Sending will force sending data every 30 minutes (heartbeat sending), even if the data is redundant.
AccuTracking Support
jeffj13

Post by jeffj13 »

Understood ATSupport, thanks!
tobybosley

Re: how often does it map me?

Post by tobybosley »

plasma wrote:Viewing the history, As I drove around town it marked spots at a seemingly random time. One mark was 2 minutes after the last then 20 minutes etc. In an hour drive I had 6 hits. Can I set it to spot me every 5 minutes?

fgreer
hunter

Re: how often does it map me?

Post by hunter »

tobybosley wrote:
plasma wrote:Viewing the history, As I drove around town it marked spots at a seemingly random time. One mark was 2 minutes after the last then 20 minutes etc. In an hour drive I had 6 hits. Can I set it to spot me every 5 minutes?
I have been having a problem with someone stealing my hunting tree stands so I bought the starter kit with the i415 phone. I plan on putting the phone in a hard foam cushion where it can't be seen. Since the phone will not be moving and be in the same spot untill someone steals the stand how long do you think the battery will last?? Will it last longer since the phone is not moving?? I hope to get at least 2 days of life so I don't have to go everyday to change the battery?? Any helpful tips???
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

The i415 battery usually lasts about 8~12 hours with 5 minutes sending interval and smart sending on. Setting the interval longer (e.g. 30 minutes) will prolong the battery but I think it's hard to reach 2 days. The battery life also depends on the cell signal strength. The phone will boost its power to reach the tower in poor signal situation.
AccuTracking Support

Post by guest »

In regards to battery life and using the phone as a tracking device for theft of random items... as mentioned a "tree stand"...

It is possible to build a battery pack which can soldered into the phone its self using a variety of battery sized and types; they just need to be stacked in series and in parallel in order to get the right voltage and longevity.

I would suggest NiMH rechargeable packs (2) if you think in might take a few attempts, having the 2 will allow you to swap battery packs out... I see no reason why one could not get up to a week or more out of a reasonably sized concealable package of batteries in a seat cushion.

If you are not familiar with voltages and the likes take your phone to a store which specifically deals in rechargeable batteries and they should be able to help you put something together based on voltage and mAh...