thank you, SPF function, detente, etc

Share your experience using AccuTracking.
dave m

thank you, SPF function, detente, etc

Post by dave m »

New here and I wish to relate my experience with this service since it is free. First off, thank-you to the folks who host this site and provide this soft-ware. I am sure you have plans to make this commercially viable and I hope and believe that you will be fifthly rich. You are providing a wonderful service.

Enough brown nosing. I was in a quandary. We live in city of 250k people and my daughters were at odds with my wife over a few issues. First, they wanted cell phones; she did not want them to. Her concern was that they would not continue with the old system of checking in at home and writing on the dry erase board, where they were going, when they would be back and who they would be with. This system was slowly crumbling as their boundaries were expanding since they did not want to walk these expanded distances to ?check-in?. This problem was going to be compounded as the oldest is due to start driving next year.
Did a search and found that Nextel had the GPS tracking for $15.00 but stumbled on this site and figured if this works, the history function etc would be much much better. Put together a proposal between the ?warring? parties. Since my contract with Sprint was ending, I get a i870 and 2 i275?s for the girls. They split the minutes on a share plan. My wife is the admin of the account so she can shut their phone off if they get close to going over in minutes. We can always use the walkie talkie function if their service is suspended to the end of the billing cycle. I set the Accutracking so that it starts up when the phones are turned on. If the girls disable it, the phones are made into walkie-talkie and we will assume they are ?hiding? and up to no-good. The phones are their X-mas presents and we will pay ? of their monthly bill, they will pay the other half. They will pay their half no matter what. It will be a glorified walkie-talkie/cowbell if their grades are not up to par, the GPS is messed with, their chores are not done or generally if they p.o. my wife off in any way, shape or form.
Wife is happy. She is cell-phone God of the family.
Kids are hesitant, but that ?parents pay half the bill? is an attractive clause. They tried to maneuver on the GPS issue.
Q: ?Don?t you trust us??
A: ? You are teenagers. To quote Ronald Reagan ?Trust, but verified?.
Q2: ?Does it have a camera (i275) ??
A: ?Yes?.
That sealed the deal as I figured it would.
An interesting side note. As I was loading the software, I was checking out the mapping options. My wife was on the couch next to me and my youngest was doing homework with-in earshot. My oldest daughter walked by as I switched to the satellite map. She asked what that was. I said that it was a satellite image. ?You can take satellite pictures of us?!?!? Me; ?Did I forget to mention that? I read on the forum boards that using the ahhh, ahhh?.?satellite picture function?, I can take pictures that zoom in close enough to read the letters on street signs?. Dead silence in the room as startled glances dart between the loves of my life. My wife chimes in with without even looking up from the book she is reading, ?Trust, but verified?. It has got to be the hardest thing I have done with a straight face. I will confess the truth??? someday. :lol:
Thank-you again for this wonderful service (especially the SPF satellite picture function). Domestic d?tente may not have been possible without it.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

That's GREAT! :lol:
I can't be tracked anymore... :(
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Very interesting story about the life side of the technology. :) I think you did a fine job bringing this to your kids and establishing the understanding.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

Another accutracking success story.

And when it comes to your kids, its just like employees. Yeah we trust you, but we're sure as heck gonna verify you for both your own safety and ours.

The other day my mom borrowed my car during the day because hers was leaking tranny fluid. I woke up mid afternoon (i work night shifts) and wondered where my mother and car was because i had to be at work for a meeting. I call her up.
Me: Mom, i thought you were coming straight home after class?
Mom: I am.
Me: You're at walmart mom. Will you get me some red powerade?
Mom: (silence) How'd you know?
Me: I'm just good.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.

Post by Guest »

How high up does Rt. 375 get you?
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

high up what?
like how far north?

375 is a loop, it circles around the city
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

It looked like it went into the mountains/hills.

Post by Guest »

yeah, the top east/west part is a mountain pass. The mountains that cut the city in half are the southernmost part of the rocky mtns. The mountain pass goes right up and thru them. The highest part of the pass (is that what he asked?) is just over a mile high at the highest.

Its a blast to drive, especially at night. I get to do it at least 6 or 8 times weekly since my significant other and i live on opposite sides of the mountain.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Whatcha driving that kinda fun road with? :)
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

Anonymous wrote:yeah, the top east/west part is a mountain pass. The mountains that cut the city in half are the southernmost part of the rocky mtns. The mountain pass goes right up and thru them. The highest part of the pass (is that what he asked?) is just over a mile high at the highest.

Its a blast to drive, especially at night. I get to do it at least 6 or 8 times weekly since my significant other and i live on opposite sides of the mountain.
wtf. why did i get signed out.

that be was me.

and this:
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

and going further off topic, last night when i was on duty, a semi loaded with 108 head of cattle lost its air pressure and brakes coming down the east side of that pass.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Wash that vehicle would ya??? 8)
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

wash it?
why would i go and do that?
Dude! Wheres my car?