boost mobile i415

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
22_STEEL

boost mobile i415

Post by 22_STEEL »

i searched the furums on if anyone has had any luck with the i415 boost mobile phone, all i want is to use the phone to track my work trucks, i dont want to buy a nextel and get on a contract, i will go out and buy one of the cheap i415 and a data cord or do you guys recomend that i get a different phone like the i730,i saw in the forum where one of the guys got the i730 to work with accutracking, all im trying to do is keep track of my work trucks without the drivers knowing about it, so what i will do is put the phone under the dash with a charger.
"call me what you want just dont call me late for dinner"
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Some users managed to make i730 boost work (see previous topic here). So I would recommend you go with i730 boost first.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

415 is a good bet.
I'm using a 415 with the account linked in my sig. Its a good concelable size to put under the dash or under the seat.

This is of course taking legal and ethical issues and ignoring them for the sake of answering the question.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.

Post by Guest »

hey mad rabbit so you have the i415 boost mobil right, not the nextel contract phone correct?
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

Yes. I'm using an i415 with a boost sim card.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

And BTW. i'm sorta using it in a similar fashion. It stays in my truck constantly (except when i'm in the field, then it stays on me)

Although, i know its there.

I could in theory hide it and power it, and noone else would know its there.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
mrberrie-9

Details Please!

Post by mrberrie-9 »

Would you be so kind as to provide more details? Which version of Accutracking software did you install on the phone? Is the installation any different from other Nextel/Motorola installs? What about the total connect package? What did you do about that? Thanks! Mrberrie...
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

Entire process, start to finish.

My secondary job is in EMS, i used to be issued a department nextel. I ran a similar tracking program on it for work, then on my personal phone, i ran accutracking, primarially so my fiancee knew where i was.
Now i carry a blackberry at work, and i use my personal phone for radio, so i cant have a program like this working or i might miss an important group call, plus i wanted to have a phone that was in my car 100% of the time tracking it (although i do turn it off from time to time)

Went to target.
The only phone they had in stock was the i415, which is a good phone, i just wanted a flip, but oh well.
bought said i415. 79.99.
Came home and activated it online.
Called them to make sure MMS was enabled. That is a key step.
Used webjal to load the program.
Created a new client ID and programmed it in.
I have a single cig outlet under the rear seat of my cherokee. I plugged a "rugged" car charger into it (the one with the yellow tab has a longer cord then the one with the white tab) I routed the cord to the phone, put the phone in the back by the spare tire, where it has a good view out the window. I taped over the display to keep it inconspicuous, and now it lives back there and transmits its location info.

The link in my sig is the phone in the car.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
mrberrie-10

i415

Post by mrberrie-10 »

Thanks for the information. However, when you say "Called them to make sure MMS was enabled" who is the "THEM"? Thanks! Mrberrie....
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

well.

who would i call, if i had a question with my boost account...

611, pause, 4, 6, (hold music) blah blah blah (hold music) (ring) Hi! thank you for calling boost mobile!

(or, if you get the tenn call center) Howdy!! thank y'all for calling boost mobile!

(el paso call center) tank joo fer callink boos mobieel !
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

hahahhahhaa 10! :)
I can't be tracked anymore... :(
scarab1969

i415 for GPS tracking

Post by scarab1969 »

so, do you actually talk on the phone or just let it do GPS for you? i just wonder how long before they would say "that's enough" of the data/GPS only and cut you off?
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

I do use the phone for its intended function as well, sometimes.

but think about it this way. i load money on it long before its due, use most, load more.

They have my money already, why should it matter how i use it?
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
scarab1969

data usage/charges

Post by scarab1969 »

good deal.

so, how much does it cost you for the data usage per month if it is running in your car 24/7? just wondering what i'll be charged. OR, is the data portion (GPS tracking through accutracking) unlimited??

thanks!,
msj
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

in theory, nothing.
Boost doesnt have a billing system for packet data.

They could, the server and system is set up for it, but for now, they arent charging for the data
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.