Is GEOFence Not Working??

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
mrberrie9

Is GEOFence Not Working??

Post by mrberrie9 »

Non of my geofences are reporting. I know they are where they are. Was it broke today?? Thanks! Mrberrie....
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Didn't observe anything abnormal on server. Let me know if problem persists.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
MRBERRIE9

GEOFence Not Reporting

Post by MRBERRIE9 »

It is persisting. Still non of the fences are reporting. Thanks! Mrberrie...
mrberrie10

GEOFence Is Now Working

Post by mrberrie10 »

They are working now. Thank You! Did you all do something to fix it?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Actually no. It still appears as usual here. Anyway glad it's working now. :D
AccuTracking Support
mrberrie2

Strange Thangs With The GEOFence

Post by mrberrie2 »

Strange thangs going here. I have been getting several GEOFence notifications that the individual has moved into a different GEOFence before they have moved out of the previous/old GEOfence they had moved into. I can call them at the location they are not at before the GEOFence tell me they are there. Additionally, I have selected a 500 mile radius for notifications but it drifts even then. However, when I call the location they supposed to be outside of, they are there. Don?t know what has happened, but it does not seem to be as reliable as before. I live for the fence! :wink: Mrberrie?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Strange Thangs With The GEOFence

Post by ATSupport »

mrberrie2 wrote:Don?t know what has happened, but it does not seem to be as reliable as before. I live for the fence! :wink: Mrberrie?
What I can confirm is that the geofence code has NOT been changed for quite some time, so it should be exactly like it was before. :wink:

Since you have all the GPS data in your history (click the client name on tracking page), you can manually calculate them against your geofence settings (you have that in your geofence page too), and see if the geofence logic really broke. If the history data looks wild, probably your phone has gone wild (time to upgrade firmware...?). :)
AccuTracking Support
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

BTW, I just checked your geofence, you had all your fence radius set to 500 feet, not 500 miles. Foot is the unit in geofence, if you've looked at the page carefully. :wink:
AccuTracking Support
mrberrie3

500 Feet/Miles??

Post by mrberrie3 »

Yeah, I should have looked at the note I was typing. It is 500 feet. Gosh, 500 miles?? Even I know better than that. Just fast typing and slow thinking.