Auto-start for i88s, i58sr

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
agility

Auto-start for i88s, i58sr

Post by agility »

I recently received a Nextel Developer's forum update that said auto-start for java programs is now available for the i88s and i58sr. Will accutracking be adding this functionality for those phones?

Thanks!
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Auto-start apps is usually the function of phone. But if you can forward the message we can evaluate whether it's something new to i58sr/i88s.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
agility

how do you launch auto-start?

Post by agility »

I see you've added the auto-start for the i88s and i58sr phones--thanks!! I'm not sure how to enable Accutracking to auto-start on my phone...please advise.

Thanks!
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

First make sure you have the latest firmware on your phone. Then in the Main menu->Settings->Personalize.
AccuTracking Support
Berrie4

Autostart ???

Post by Berrie4 »

More info please! If this is correct this is great.
1. What firmware? Accutracking?
2. What Version 2?
3. What are the new functionality?
4. Are there precautions?
5. Will it autostart in the background?
6. Will the user of the phone see it start when the phone is powered up?

Thanks a whole bunch! Berrie.....

Re: Autostart ???

Post by Guest »

1. It's i58 & i88s phone firmware from Motorola.
2. AccuTracking version 2.0.1 I think.
3. You can set java apps autostart on i58 i88 now.
4. A lot... :wink:
5. Yes.
6. Yes.
Berrie4 wrote:More info please! If this is correct this is great.
1. What firmware? Accutracking?
2. What Version 2?
3. What are the new functionality?
4. Are there precautions?
5. Will it autostart in the background?
6. Will the user of the phone see it start when the phone is powered up?

Thanks a whole bunch! Berrie.....
Mrberrie-1

Will Not Start Accutracking

Post by Mrberrie-1 »

This does not start Accutracking, this starts Java Applications. It will not allow you to go further and identify accutracking as the Java application to start automatically. It will take you to the various JAVA Applications that are on the phone where the User can select Accutracking Manually. Bummer! :cry:
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Will Not Start Accutracking

Post by ATSupport »

MrBerrie-1, please go to our front page download and reinstall the new AccuTracking version for i58sr/i88s (It's updated recently since the new phone firmware just came out). Then you'll see AccuTracking in the auto-start Java Apps list.
Mrberrie-1 wrote:This does not start Accutracking, this starts Java Applications. It will not allow you to go further and identify accutracking as the Java application to start automatically. It will take you to the various JAVA Applications that are on the phone where the User can select Accutracking Manually. Bummer! :cry:
AccuTracking Support
mrberrie-2

New Nextel Firmware

Post by mrberrie-2 »

I guess I have to install the new i88 firmware 1st. I assume it is on the Nextel site? I already downloaded the most recent version of accutracking which is 2.01. Thanks! Mrberrie...

Post by Guest »

Yes, you have to upgrade firmware first.
MRBERRIE-3

Auto Start = BIG Foot Print

Post by MRBERRIE-3 »

Okay everything installed and I do not like it. It has a very BIG footprint that can be seen a mile away. When it automatically starts it says so in the window. Might as well have them turn it on themselves. Is there anyway to make it run in the background at startup, unseen by the phone user? mrberrie