problem sending data???

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
ksea

problem sending data???

Post by ksea »

i got this message after i assigned my tracker ID to my phone
cannot connect 11:06:39 AM

i have all the necessary services to do this buyt not sure why this phone will not connect
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Did you have good signal? And, if you just ordered Total Connect Plan from Nextel, wait a few days and try again. That error message means no network connection. I just checked your account, your other phones are working well. Is this phone a special model?
ksea

Post by ksea »

the other phones are working perfect. this phone is the same as the others. just dont know why this is happening. should i uninstall the software?
if so how do i do that?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

On Java apps screen, move to accutracking, hit menu button on keypad, then select 'Deinstall'.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
ksea

Post by ksea »

ATSupport wrote:On Java apps screen, move to accutracking, hit menu button on keypad, then select 'Deinstall'.
some of my phones are still not working. they say cannot connect. the phones service is fine.
can you see on our account that some phones are not getting positions?
ksea

Post by ksea »

one of our phones the baltic sea is now not connecting this morning. it worked fine before.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

If the error message was "Cannot connect", it's most likely because the phone is out of Nextel coverage (Baltic sea region...hmm...) if the Total Connect Plan is there. Our servers are running normally.
AccuTracking Support
ksea

Post by ksea »

oh no the name of the client that is using the service is called the baltic sea. its a boat.
but i have the phone in hand and i dont think its the coverage because i have another phone right next to it and it works fine.
ksea

Post by ksea »

another thing...the GPS option on the nextel phone works. i can obtain a position. i can send and receive text messages. i can update my browser. i called nextel and the total connect services look ok.

i know your servers are running fine but could it be something else? this is very strange
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

hmm...:o SMS and phone browser are different. What was the error message in AccuTracking, "Cannot fix" or "Cannot connect"? Can you check the phone IP? Quit Accutracking->Press menu key->My Info->Carrier IP. Is there a IP shown?
AccuTracking Support
ksea

Post by ksea »

it says cannot connect and it gave a time.
there is a carrier ip. it is 10.185.55.25
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

So it's a Nextel internal IP and looks all right. I would suggest to call Nextel, asking them to ping this IP. We cannot ping since it's a private IP.
AccuTracking Support
ksea

Post by ksea »

could that be the issue? the fact that it is a private ip?
doies it need to be public?
how bout this ip.

this phone works fine
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Private IPs are ok. So maybe one IP segment on Nextel network is down (e.g. 10.185.55.*). See if they can ping you.
AccuTracking Support
ksea

Post by ksea »

they checked it ip and it appears to be fine. they told me to call you guys. :cry: