i860

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
SiLlY

i860

Post by SiLlY »

Ive installed this on my i860. I know you dont advertise it for this phone but it is java... so i gave it a shot. Im not sure its workin correctly though. I cant get it to show up on your trackin screen. I get coordinates on my phone and stuff but it acts as if its not communicating with your servers. I do have online services on my phone. I dont think thats the problem though. I believe it might have to do with not being compatible to the i860.

With that said. will you eventualy port this over for the i860 as well. That would be great. TIA
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Do you have Total Connect?
SiLlY

Post by SiLlY »

Yes, i do.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

OK. The reason I ask, is that many people confuse web access with total connect. They are 2 different animals.

Possibly ATSupport will have an idea....
n8wb

Post by n8wb »

I would be curious to find out if AccuTracking would be able to utilize the 2 way messaging feature of the phone. If the software could generate text messages, then users would be able to sign up for the unlimited text package and not have to worry about data usage. Granted, the software does not use much in terms of data, but it may be a plus for users not to have to sign up for another add on with Nextel.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Skibum wrote:OK. The reason I ask, is that many people confuse web access with total connect. They are 2 different animals.

Possibly ATSupport will have an idea....
Mine is not much more than yours. :wink:
Wait a few days for the plan to ACTUALLY work if you just activated from Nextel. They said it would take 48 hours. Also there's a way to test the plan: download a Java web browser and try.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

n8wb wrote:I would be curious to find out if AccuTracking would be able to utilize the 2 way messaging feature of the phone.
Actually it's technically another way of tracking and plenty of dedicated tracking devices are working this way.

We are not doing this way because that would add a SMS gateway (GSM Modem, the actually hardware) between phone and server, and make it on an unlimited SMS plan on one of the wireless networks. $$$
AccuTracking Support
SiLlY

Post by SiLlY »

Ok, with all this said.. Is it ok to assume that my problem is not a compatibility issue, being that im using an i860 versus your advertised list of phones ? Im going to try the java webrowser suggestion. Just in case the people at Nextel need to fix something. If you guys can confirm that it should work with my phone, i would greatly appreciate it. Im just trying the process of elimination. I would realy like to get this working. Thanx for a superb app !
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

It works on i860 just as on i730 except the compass screen with a bit distortion (because of screen resolution difference).
AccuTracking Support