Smart Sending for indoors

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.

Smart Sending for indoors

Post by Guest »

When my car is parked outdoor, Smart Sending (v 2.0) works pretty well and eliminates almost all the duplicated location send. However, when it is parked in my garage, or inside a parking structure, it still sends out a few (2-3) location updates in an hour with Smart Sending on. When I look at the coordinates, they are close to each other but not exactly the same. My guess is the error of GPS indoors is more than outdoors. My i88s phone is places near the side window.

So can Smart Sending be made in such a way that it can, eliminates coordinate updates within certain tolerances? If that is possible, it will waste much less data since the car is parked all night long in the garage.

Thanks.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

So can Smart Sending be made in such a way that it can, eliminates coordinate updates within certain tolerances?
The certain tolerances is already there in the software, set based on the common GPS receiver margin of errors. The 2-3 sending per hour in the garage is likely the signal noise. If we increase the tolerance in order to fix the noise sending, you will probably find it loses sensitivity when you are outdoors...

And btw, you don't really care those wasted bandwith (<1k/day) if you would leave your phone on overnight wasting battery in the garage, do you? :P (just kidding...) :wink:
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Post by Guest »

I also saw locations got sent repeatedly when the car is parked outside seeing the sky. It is not as severe as parked inside a parking structure.

Is the GPS tolerance configurable by user? I wish there is a way to select on the phone app low, med, and high sensitivity for Smart Send.

Thanks.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

That is not configurable by user.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

I fail to see what the big issue is.... get a 1mb plan, and you do not have to worry about such trivialities.