Not getting phone location

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
DENCAR

Not getting phone location

Post by DENCAR »

I have been testing an I58 and this service, which has been great, for about a month now. In the last few days I have noticed that the last place stopped is not being updated. For example, the regular update, in this case 5 min, is updating while driving. When I stop within that five minutes and park it is not updating the location. Once I start moving again it will begin updating again but doesn't show the stopped location at all. Basically it skips it all together.

I am evaluating if it is the case that the phone is in or maybe a Nextel problem. In our area we have been experiencing numerous problems with the Nextels (PTT, Voicemail, reception,etc - Chicago Market).

I am going to Master Reset tomorrow. Any known issues that may cause this?
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Make sure that you have smart sending OFF to update a stationary position.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
DENCAR

Not getting locations & Smart Sending

Post by DENCAR »

I am familiar with the Smart Sending functionality. This issue was beyond that. It was taking the last fix before the vehicle stopped and not reporting again until the vehicle moved. Essentially skipping the stopped location.

I did a master reset and created a new client and now I am getting the opposite happening. I STILL have Smart sending activated but it is still reporting despite the phone is sitting in place. It is sensing movement with Smartsending on and has clusterd location reports.

I realize this is a three part problem application, Nextel service or phone and I am not sure which one is causing the issue.

Any ideas?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

When the smart sending option is on and your phone keeps reporting your still position, it's likely because of the GPS signal drifting.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
DENCAR

Signal drifting

Post by DENCAR »

I found it unusual that in the first few weeks of testing I did not see this occur. It has only been in the last week or so that it has been happening.

It will really mess with my battery life since it is seeing that it has moved and will report. Is there any way to adjust the drift variant?
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Keep the phone in plain site of the sky. That should help with the drift.
Your battery should last 12 hours or more with continuous sending every 5 minutes.