What happens when IDEN goes away?

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
conaty

What happens when IDEN goes away?

Post by conaty »

Lots of accutracking users are using Boost Mobile phones I suspect. What are the plans for when IDEN goes away in 2013?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: What happens when IDEN goes away?

Post by ATSupport »

We are working on supporting a new low cost device that works on AT&T's prepaid plan as a replacement for the boost mobile phones. The initial cost and monthly data plan cost will be about the same. Please stay tuned.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
conaty

Post by conaty »

that's great. lots of OBD devices and services out there, I hope you are working on a similar device.

I used AT for a couple of years a couple of years ago for teen drivers, it was invaluable. Got another kid coming up to driving age and want to reinstitute service, so will be anxiously awaiting what you come up with.
Snow Removal Company

Post by Snow Removal Company »

ATSupport wrote:We are working on supporting a new low cost device that works on AT&T's prepaid plan as a replacement for the boost mobile phones. The initial cost and monthly data plan cost will be about the same. Please stay tuned.
About how long will we have to wait until this information will be available?

During the busy winter season, we use AccuTracking to help manage our large snow fleet. We cannot risk losing our IDEN service during the middle of our busiest season so we are in the process of finding a replacement for the service right now.

We would love to be able to take this new AccuTracking plan into consideration as well, but we cannot afford to wait much longer before making a decision.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Snow Removal Company wrote: During the busy winter season, we use AccuTracking to help manage our large snow fleet. We cannot risk losing our IDEN service during the middle of our busiest season so we are in the process of finding a replacement for the service right now.

We would love to be able to take this new AccuTracking plan into consideration as well, but we cannot afford to wait much longer before making a decision.
We should have the new device in July - long before the snow season.
AccuTracking Support
rearden

Post by rearden »

Any update on the new phone options?
I really like my cheap ruggedized iden phone. As a back up phone with extended battery, text messaging and tracking for $40/year for the phone and $60 for tracking.

My prioritized criteria:
reliable
nearly universal coverage (so cannot be limited to higher frequency bands as rural coverage is non existent)
Long battery life
Inexpensive operation (phone minutes, texts and especially data)
inexpensive ruggedized device.

My current tracker does all of the above except for battery life and coverage. I spent $50 for phone, extended battery, and activation. $10/3months for boost service and $60/year for accutracking. Much more cost than that SPOT or garmin tracker start to become more attractive.

rearden
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Yes we found a replacement phone with similar cost to iDEN: Boost LG Rumor Reflex:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1899
AccuTracking Support
jhonsmith

Post by jhonsmith »

My dear I used AT for a couple of years a couple of years ago for teen drivers, it was invaluable. Got another kid coming up to driving age and want to reinstitute service, so will be anxiously awaiting what you come up with....!!!! :D :P :D :P :D :P
!!!..<<..Usman Gee..>>..!!!