Accutracking for Iphone NOW possible?

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Mike821

Accutracking for Iphone NOW possible?

Post by Mike821 »

With the new Iphone OS 4.0 coming out this summer that can run background apps will we see accutracking for the Iphone?

I left accutraking long ago since it had no Iphone use....and i do miss it :(
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Accutracking for Iphone NOW possible?

Post by ATSupport »

This does look promising as we have been waiting for the background apps support. We'll test on it once the new SDK is out.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Mike821

Post by Mike821 »

ATSupport wrote:This does look promising as we have been waiting for the background apps support. We'll test on it once the new SDK is out.

Any updates on this? I think there has been a beta of OS 4 for developers for weeks now.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Mike821 wrote:Any updates on this? I think there has been a beta of OS 4 for developers for weeks now.
Sorry we don't have the iPhone version yet. Estimate a few more months after the dev and test cycle.
AccuTracking Support
JeePaRoo

Post by JeePaRoo »

couldnt the original iphone 3G be backgrounded??

I run a program on my iphone called "backgrounder" which seems to work pretty good although it sucks away the iphone's whimpy battery pretty quickly...

-Christopher
cvc1968

Post by cvc1968 »

That requires jailbreaking, and I don't recommend that Accutracking get into that biz. Better to try and leverage the new API's in iOS 4 for GPS backgrounding and get something official. Of course, the backgrounding in iOS 4 will NOT work with the iPhone 3G. It will require iPhone 3GS or later.

Assuming the backgrounding in iOS 4 will work for this purpose, I wonder if Apple has provided any method of starting the app on boot OR hiding it OR preventing it from being quit by the user. Probably not. Which means that keeping track of your teen, for example, would be useless, as they would just quit the app the first chance they got.
willieb

Post by willieb »

iPhone's have been able to run background apps since the release of 4.0.

What are your plans to support iPhones? I'm sure you could gain a good many customers.

Thanks.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

We don't support iPhone yet due to some difficulties to bring it up to the same user experience and performance as on other platforms. Sorry. :(
AccuTracking Support
willieb

Post by willieb »

A lot of us are still waiting on iPhone support. Please finish development soon!

For the iPhone users out there, what other apps have you found like accutracking compatible with iPhone?

Post by Guest »

ATSupport wrote:We don't support iPhone yet due to some difficulties to bring it up to the same user experience and performance as on other platforms. Sorry. :(

Any updates on this?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Guest wrote:Any updates on this?
No we still don't support iPhone. Sorry!
AccuTracking Support
willieb

Post by willieb »

ATSupport wrote:
No we still don't support iPhone. Sorry!
We are still waiting. Projected release date? Really need iPhone support. Thanks.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Sorry we still don't have a concrete release plan. iOS 4's background support is not traditional multitasking - it assumes too much control and suspends apps on its discretion.
AccuTracking Support
willieb

Post by willieb »

ATSupport wrote:Sorry we still don't have a concrete release plan. iOS 4's background support is not traditional multitasking - it assumes too much control and suspends apps on its discretion.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe you haven't looked at it lately? IOS 5 has been out since last year and IOS 6 is due to be released this Fall...

I have a ton of apps that use multitasking on the iPhone with IOS 5 with no issues at all, works great, even apps that use GPS, play music, etc. If you can revisit this it would be most appreciated. I think Accutracking is one of the very few apps that you can get on a Droid but not an iPhone. With the millions of iPhones out there that support more apps than the Droid market, you'd think Accutracking would move forward.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Thanks for the input - we'll revisit iPhone support.
AccuTracking Support