Lack of Tracking

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
anon

Lack of Tracking

Post by anon »

I have accutracking installed on my husbands' boostmobile cell phone, i have the program running in the background with password protection so he has NO IDEA. It's supposed to update every 2minutes (give or take)

I have found some problems with the tracking accuracy. For instance, he left home today around 2:15pm heading to work. At 2:17pm it gave a reading of being approx. 3 blocks from the house at a red light. After that, no more updates until 3:37pm. No cached records from 2:17pm to 3:37pm. He called me from work at approx. 2:30pm from the work phone. I figured maybe he had turned the cell phone off, however, when i called it at 2:45pm it rang and he picked up. Of course, I had to tell him I had accidently dialed his number while scrolling through to call someone else in my most recent call log.

this has happened before, however, accutracking troubleshooting seems to think it may be his boost phone hardware malfunctioning.

Anyone else have this problem?
Mike Shamman

Re: Lack of Tracking

Post by Mike Shamman »

I had the same problem .... it stop reporting and the phone is hidden .... not turned off happens often ....i465
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Most of time this spotty tracking is caused by poor sky view.

Unlike dedicated GPS tracking device with long extended GPS antenna, phones have smaller GPS antenna hidden inside the phone. This makes the phone highly sensitive to the quality of the view of the sky.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Susan

Post by Susan »

I am having many gaps in service too. I am testing other programs and they work from the same phone . I haven't figured out what the issue is yet.