Phone Turns Off

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.

Phone Turns Off

Post by Guest »

I have an i290 that is installed in the engine compartment of a car and is hooked up directly to the car battery using the 12V car socket with battery clips. The i290 was obtained as part of the starter kit. I installed it last week and it worked fine for the better part of a week. Yesterday the phone stopped sending data so I checked the phone last night. The hook up to the battery was fine but the phone screen said something to the effect of battery charging. Turns out the phone was not on so I pressed and held the red button for a few seconds and it turned back on and was transmitting the location. It continued to work fine for several hours but turned off again in the middle of the night. Turned it back on this morning and is currently working fine.

Any idea why it would randomly shut itself off? The phone is duct taped in place so it is not banging around.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Phone Turns Off

Post by ATSupport »

Could it be the phone was overheated or frozen at that time?
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Post by Guest »

It wouldn't think it would have overheated when it shut off in the middle of the night last night. The car was not being used at that time.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Your case looks similar to this one: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1646
I'd suggest the first thing to check the duct tape wrap and move the phone to a different installation place.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the quick replies.

I intend to hard wire it in the trunk when I have a chance. If that doesn't work I will go with the motion activated setup. If I go to the motion activated setup up can I send the phone back to accutracking for the modification? What does it cost? What is the turn-around time?

Thanks again.
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

You can contact us for the motion installation.

There are several issues that can pop up, with iDEN phones, Motorola equipment, and "always on" USB connections. You are seeing one of them now...

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
tpntx

Post by tpntx »

Mine was doing the same thing. Brand new phone, worked well for about a week then did the same thing turning itself off "charging"

Now it doesn't work at all (which is my fault) but before I replace it I want to see if maybe the I290 has issue and I should I get something else.