Power question i425

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Sparkster

Power question i425

Post by Sparkster »

I have a Motorola i425 that I'm using for my Accutracking. I'm pretty pleased so far except for battery performance. My uses require that I not have the phone wired to the car for power and I very much prefer the one minute refresh. The factory battery for the phone only lasts 12 to 14 hours because of this.

I would like to remove the phone's battery and attach a pair of TR18650 rechargeable lithium batteries in its place. They are each rated at 3.7 volts (the same as the phone's battery) and will be wired in parallel, not series, in order maintain that voltage. The 18650s are 2500 mAh each compared to the 930mAh of the Moto battery so I'm hoping to extract several days useage with this method. I will not be using the phone to charge them, I will pull them out each time and use their own specific charger. I don't know what the two extra pins under the battery contact are for, though. I'm guessing they receive some sort of sensor feedback for the phone to evaluate the battery. Does anyone know if the phone will run if I simply provide ~3.6 volts to the + and - terminals and disregard the extra two pins?

Thanks in advance.

-Brandon

Sparkster

Re: Power question i425

Post by Sparkster »

After some discussion with someone smarter than me, I went ahead and tried it...

It powers on and stays on. So now I'm wondering what the two extra pins are in the battery connection. Also is this a photo cell to tell the phone when the cover is off? If not, anyone know what it is?

Cheers.
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

There is no photo cell - the phone could care less if the cover is off or not. If your talking about that little black area - thats just part of the plastic.

Also you will not get days and days of use - at the capacities you have stated. You might get 1 full day - or maybe 1.5 days on a good day. Trial and error will show you your full life - also changing from 1 minute to 10 minute updates, will NOT change your battery life more than a few percent.

If you will need longer life - you will need many more batteries attached to your pack - or the better way, you will need a motion control circuit installed - that will allow for weeks of use.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

After re-reading your post, I see your putting 2 inline - for 5000 mAh total - that will probably yield closer to 2 or 2.5 days... Your mileage may vary - but post your results.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Sparkster

Post by Sparkster »

Does it generate a recharging current by capturing motion from the vehicle or does it turn the phone on when the car moves?
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

When the target moves, it turns the phone back on - after the target stops physically moving, for about 12 minutes - then it turns it back into a deep sleep.

The process goes on an on till there is no more battery life.

On "average", 8000 mAh will give 3-5 weeks of use on a motion system.

Eric

Sparkster

Post by Sparkster »

Are your motion switches expensive?
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Expensive is a relative term...

If you time is worth something, or if you can't take the chance of "getting caught" going to the car every 8 hours, or in your case, every 2-3 days - then no, they are not expensive.

You must understand, our package is a whole solution - it usually includes a phone, a new battery, a new charger, the motion board, installation, removal of extra stuff inside the phone to make it more covert, also a waterproof magnetic case is available - so it just depends on whats needed - everything is made to the needs of the customer.

Everything interfaces with AccuTracking - so there are no new steps that you follow - you just get weeks and weeks of use.

Feel free to call or email for more info.

Eric