i425 No Fix. Waiting...

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
reconvet

i425 No Fix. Waiting...

Post by reconvet »

I have 2 Motorola i425's with accutracking installed. When first powered up they seem to work great, taking good fixes. After about an hour or so I stop getting regular fixes while the vehicle is in motion, and I occasionally get fixes when the vehicle stops, or sometimes 20 to 30 minutes later. This is occuring with both units, on several different installs on different vehicles, in different locations. I recovered one of the units and drove around with it to look at the screen to see what was going on. It was showing between 8 to 10 sats and taking regular fixes. Then it said "no fix. waiting..." even though it still had 8 to 10 sats. I let it stay that way for about 10 minutes while I drove around to see if it would take a fix and it did not. I then hit refresh and it began taking fixes immediately. Could this be the issue? Any assitance from AT support would be greatly appreciated. For info this is in an area with a great view of the sky, no tall buildings etc.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: i425 No Fix. Waiting...

Post by ATSupport »

8~10 satellites means great sky view. What you hit might be the "first fix" issue: http://support.accutracking.com/kb/article/000049
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
reconvet

Re: i425 No Fix. Waiting...

Post by reconvet »

I changed the setting, "GPS->Privacy->Unrestricted", as indicated in the first fix issue link that you provided, and I've been running it for a few hours without any problems. I think that might have solved my issue. Thanks much to the tech support guys at AT!!!