HotGPS and smart sending?

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
JeePaRoo

HotGPS and smart sending?

Post by JeePaRoo »

I am trying to figure out exactly what each option means on the setup screen of my accutracking... I use smartsending and have HotGPS disabled... however I dont see much differencei n battery Life from having HotGPS enabled.. i also have a send interval set at 7 minutes... so i have the following questions..

1] how can smart sending know if we are moving or not if HotGPS is turned off?
2] how does the interval factor into this... does it turn the GPS chipset on every <interval> minutes, get a fix then turn it off?

just kind of confused as to how these options interact with each other... hopefully someone can clarify.. also is this project still active?? looks like its been a Long time since there was a software update last..
-Christopher
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: HotGPS and smart sending?

Post by ATSupport »

JeePaRoo wrote:1] how can smart sending know if we are moving or not if HotGPS is turned off?
I assume you have an iDEN phone. The smart sending and hot GPS are independent. When HotGPS is off Smart sending would just use the history sending data to calculate the movement.
2] how does the interval factor into this... does it turn the GPS chipset on every <interval> minutes, get a fix then turn it off?
Yes.
just kind of confused as to how these options interact with each other... hopefully someone can clarify.. also is this project still active?? looks like its been a Long time since there was a software update last..
-Christopher
Some versions are quite stable and we are not updating them if there are no new features added. However, if you look at some platforms like BB and Android, they are updated quite actively.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
hutch109

Re: HotGPS and smart sending?

Post by hutch109 »

You also won't see much difference in battery life - as in getting more, based on sending interval and other options. You will however, see a big DROP, if you use HOT GPS to keep it active all the time - but I don't think the trade off will be worth it.

Any longer life, you will need to use special motion hardware and extended battery packs - if you need longer life - let me know.

And like AT said, the current iDEN versions are stable - no need for updates.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)