Starter Kit Power Off

Discussions about AccuTracking Starter Kit and phones.
covertpop

Starter Kit Power Off

Post by covertpop »

My starter kit is mounted in a vehicle and uses the car adapter. It worked great for two days and then began shutting it self off for no apparent reason. When I return to the phone it says charger attached. When I turn it back on, Accutracker starts up and sends the info to this site but then the phone powers off before the next send time which is set for 30 mins. Any help?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Starter Kit Power Off

Post by ATSupport »

What's the phone model (i415 or i425)?
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
covertpop

Post by covertpop »

It's the i415. Today it sent it's location 3 times at 30min intervals and then stopped sending. I have to wait to check the phone again but it is most likely powered off like it was yesterday. The phone is hidden and I was with the vehicle when it happened yesterday so I know it is not being turned off manually and it is plug into DC so I know it's not a battery issue.
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Is the phone powered by a "switched-outlet"? I wonder if/when you turn the car off, and if its on a switched outlet - that the phone battery goes dead - and that would cause a "charger attached" message to be displayed when/if you turned the car back on when you came to it.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
covertpop

Post by covertpop »

It's not a switched outlet and when I return to the phone it says Charger Attached before I start the car.
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Ok; well thats a good start so far. Is the phone in a hidden spot - that may cause something to push any of the buttons as it drives down the road?

For now; change your updates to 5 minute intervals - does that change anything?

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Also try running it with just the internal battery - remove your car charger plug.

This will isolate the power system, for futher diagnostics.

Eric

Post by Guest »

I'll try it. There is a chance that a plastic panel is hitting the keypad. Thanks, Ill let you know.
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Ok; I have seen it with panels hitting the buttons before - but unless its a tight fight its usually not it - as it takes about 2.5 seconds of button pushing to shut it down.

Also the battery only option you can check and report back.

Hope we can get you up and running.

Eric

covertpop

Post by covertpop »

Thanks for the help. I think we've solved the problem. The buttons were being hit. I just relocated the phone and it's working great.

For the sake of others with a Ford Expedition, I will go into detail of where I have the phone and what happened. It is a great location now that I've made a couple of adjustments and it can be installed FAST.

I have the phone mounted in a Ford Expedition with 3 rows of seats. In the 3rd row, above the area of the rear wheel, there is a cup holder molded into the plastic and just behind that is a long rectangular shaped panel that snaps in and out and forms a concave area where a passenger can set items. I popped out this rectangular piece and velcro-ed the phone to the plastic that lies a couple of inches underneath. This placed the phone within an inch of the rectangular piece with the keys facing up. I choose this area because if you reach into this space, you can feel the wires that lead to the rear cargo area DC plug. Follow the wires a few inches and you will feel the plug. Push the toward the rear of the vehicle and it will snap out into the cargo area. The plug pulls apart leaving the wired half inside the compartment and the other half in the cargo area. Put the plug back together and you can put the working plug into your compartment and plug in your phone with the DC connector. Now your phone is wired. This leaves a little circular whole in your cargo area which is not noticable. This install took about 5 minutes. People with more time could splice into those wires while leaving the plug in place. The phone sends and receives great in this location and you can get to the phone quickly if necessary. I just relocated my velcro lower on the plastic and now the buttons are not being hit and the phone is working 24/7! Hope this helps some folks!
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Wonderful! Glad that we could help you out - and now you can enjoy AccuTracking.

Thanks

Eric

Rob

Post by Rob »

We sell many units and still find under dash still the best area for placement. we sell 5% many of non motion or hard wired units.
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob