tower locations only

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
raphaelsmith

tower locations only

Post by raphaelsmith »

I have only been getting cell towr locations for the past 18 hours ... no fence alerts no speed alerts ... it just jumps from 1 tower to the next tower with nothing in between .. Can you tell me what causes this ... all my signals read full strenth ..
hutch109

Re: tower locations only

Post by hutch109 »

This is caused by poor GPS lock - but if you say that all your signals are full - you may have had a section of time that was zero GPS for a long time - and its been locked up and unable to re-acquire.

If you have access to the phone - power it off, and back on - that should take care of the issue - if you are in open sky conditions.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
raphaelsmith

Post by raphaelsmith »

but if im getting tower signals the shoulnt it be working fine ... it was in a mall parking lot when it first started .. and its in open view of the sky
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Tower signals and GPS signals are 2 different things. You could put the phone in the trunk - and have full cell signal - but zero GPS signal.

There is also a chance the application hung when/if it had zero GPS signal - and it has never recovered.

Tower signals are NOT provided by the on-board GPS - they are provided by the cellular carrier.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)