Autostart Accutracking EVERYTIME the phone is powered on.

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Try clicking the menu button, then ckicl it again, and see if you have the option of main menu setup. From there you can add any app you want to the main menu.
zipzag

Post by zipzag »

Humm,read that manual forward & backwards, step1-download accutrac to mobil apps & assign to phone. Step2-go to java on phone & download available apps,choose accutrac,will only download to java apps. Step3-install accutrac ,only in the java apps. Did i miss or overlook anything or any other option?
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Somewhere in step 3 I get the option to "add to the main menu". Not sure if this is a i730 thing only.
zipzag

Post by zipzag »

Must be.I've tried to change hot keys,& main menu in personalize no good. Can move the java just about anywhere but not the apps in the java.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

I'll bet that menu could be changed with RSS. Do you have any connections at your local NEXTEL service center? If so, I would ask them if that is possible. DON'T call and ask, cause the answer will be NO. :)

I'll post the question over at Howards, and see if anyone can give a difinitive answer.
zipzag

Post by zipzag »

RSS?
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

It is a NEXTEL software tool. "Iden Superagent RSS"
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

The guys on Howards say that you can do it from the personalize option....I do not have one here to verify. :(
zipzag

Post by zipzag »

Well went & talked to my SuperAgent,says it can't be done.Said alot of people have been trying to get games set as a hotkey etc. out of java apps,gave me the 800 # to motorola :lol: Maybe i can pay them a visit since their right across town.Sure seems like there is a big demand to have apps start up independant of having to go thru the java apps.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Well- the final answer I got was that NO it can't be done. :(
time to trade in those 88's and go for an i730.

Re: Autostart Accutracking EVERYTIME the phone is powered on

Post by Guest »

Okay so this works on my new i860. However, it stays in the display. It never goes away. The individual may not know how to disable it but they can see it sending location data and will make it their mission to figure out how to disable it. How come it does not revert automatically revert back to the main menu? How can I just make it automatically disappear? Thanks! Bmack....

Skibum wrote:I know this works on the i730. Can someone confirm it's operation on another phone?

Press the Menu button
Scroll to Settings and press OK button
Scroll to Personalize and press OK button
Use the down arrow key (located below the "OK" button) to scroll down to Personalize. Press the OK button
Scroll down to "Power Up", and press OK button
Use the right arrow key (located to the the right of the "OK" button) to scroll through until "Accutracking" is highlighted.
When "Accutracking" is highlighted, select "OK".
Press the red hang-up button.

If one of your drivers can figure out how to stop this operation, then he deserves a promotion.... :)

I hope this helps.
jnewell

Post by jnewell »

I realize that short of diabling some of the buttons on the phone, it's not possible to prevent someone from stopping the application. But maybe it could be made a little more difficult...
How about an app option that doesn't display anything at startup other than "Press the Red phone button twice to return to the main screen" or something like that. Additionally, an feature that would require a PIN/password to be entered to get to the apps menu might not be a bad idea.

Just some thoughts,
---joe
---joe

Post by Guest »

Just to not, the exact instructions given work on the i415 as well