battery

Discussions about AccuTracking Starter Kit and phones.
rob

motion switch

Post by rob »

Copter..still working on the circuit..if we had a i415 repair manual we would have had it done..

Its not always powering up to the tracking stage..

also I found 4800mah batteries that last days..

I'll keep updating you..

Rob
copter

Post by copter »

Thanks Rob, I have an i88s with a vibration switch and some kind of timer delay circuit but have not figured it out yet. Where did you find the 4800mah batteries? Thanks.

battery

Post by newbie »

Do I need a 2.4 volt or 3.6 volt 1500 mAh battery? Will just one battery work for at least a 24 hour period? I found them at BestBuy for $20 for those who don't want to order on line.
copter

Post by copter »

you need the 3.6 1500mah and it will not last 24 hours. I found the 1500mah batt last approx 18-20 hours and a custom made 3000mah batt last around 35 hours.
I have a couple phones with motion switches and they last more than a week with the 3000mah batt. There has to be someone out there that can figure out the wiring for a switch in these phones.
rob

switch

Post by rob »

Copter,

Please email me your phone number..

battery

Post by newbie »

Excuse my ignorance, but do you have to do some tricky re-wiring to the 1500mAh battery in order to get it to fit the i415? I almost purchased it yesterday, but then I saw a wire coming from the battery and it didn't look like it would fit all. Help please? If tricky wiring is required, is there something else I could do to extend the life of the phone?

Post by Guest »

No tricky wiring if you buy the correct battery, the batt will slide right in but the back cover will not fit. Check out my post above for the models the batt fits and do a search for one of those models seeing the 1500mah batt is not listed for the i415.

Post by newbie »

Last question - you said "right kind of battery" - are there different kinds of 1500 mAh batteries? An earlier post said that it would fit the i415. The one in Copter's picture doesn't look like the one I found.

Post by Guest »

The bottom of the battery should look like this, the one in the other pic is 2 batts I put together to make a 3000mah batt.
copter

Post by copter »

And here is the side view of the 1500mah batt.

Post by newbie »

Thanks guys! What I found did not look like that. Can you please refer me to a particular site where I can purchase the battery - I don't want to get the wrong one.
copter

Post by copter »

Post by newbie »

Thanks Copter! That really helped!
dencar123

Extended battery option

Post by dencar123 »

I see that there is quite a bit of interest in extended battery options so I figured I would share what we have been doing to extend the powering options.

If you take a standard, preferably dead, motorola battery and remove the Li-Ion battery from the plastic shell you can connect any 3.7volt battery to the safety circuit in the battery. If you get really good you can put a JST connector between it to allow you to change out battery packs.

I do have a source for battery packs with the connectors if anyone is interested. They aren't cheap but they will run the phone constant for 3-8 days depending on settings.
zardiw

Post by zardiw »

Here's 2400mah Li-Ion's on Ebay to make battery packs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

z
Faster horses, yw, ow, mm........................z