Starter Kit Costs

Discussions about AccuTracking Starter Kit and phones.
doom222d

Post by doom222d »

ATSupport wrote:What's the error message on the phone screen? After "sending data", does it show "Cannot connect"?
I tried to send massage on the phone screen , it says: "Data corrupt"... :oops: What's it mean? :shock:
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

"Data corrupt" means it talks to the server successfully, which means the Data Access plan is in place.

To solve this problem, you need to reinstall the phone software. If you bought the kit, please contact our seller (phonesales(at)accutracking.com) to arrange this.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
joesgt281

Post by joesgt281 »

I'm happy to say I received my phone very promptly.
I did all the normal setup but wasn't seeing anything (data) on Accutracking.
I called Boost at 611 to make sure the Mobile Web was setup and they said it was.
Later that day I went to "GPS" on the Main Menu. I selected "Refresh" and it gave me a reading.
I went to Accutracking and didn't see anything.
Later that day I went thru "Java Apps" on the phone, then to "Accutracking" and all of a sudden it's searching for satellites and, based on my previous setpoint of issuing positions every 5 minutes, it captured a location.
So then I go to Accutracking.com and it's all there....sweet!
I've just set the Geofence and will hopefully get a message to my phone when I cross it in the morning....got my fingers crossed!
Joe

Post by Guest »

AFAIK, BoostMobile requires a $20 or more recharge every 90 days. Does the $.20/day data plan get charged against this recharge requirement? Since I don't plan on using many minutes, I don't want to end up paying $6/month for data and $20/3months for voice.

Also, can somebody clarify if the data plan is really needed? Some suggested you could just use the MMS service for free with Accutracking. Of course if I don't use any minutes, there may not be much advantage since the $20/3months has to be spent on Boost regardless of what it is for.
joesgt281

Post by joesgt281 »

Anonymous wrote:AFAIK, BoostMobile requires a $20 or more recharge every 90 days. Does the $.20/day data plan get charged against this recharge requirement? Since I don't plan on using many minutes, I don't want to end up paying $6/month for data and $20/3months for voice.

Also, can somebody clarify if the data plan is really needed? Some suggested you could just use the MMS service for free with Accutracking. Of course if I don't use any minutes, there may not be much advantage since the $20/3months has to be spent on Boost regardless of what it is for.
$.20/day is all that it works out to be.
rob

boost rates doubled..

Post by rob »

Boost is raising the web to 35 cents ..from 20 cents