i265 problems - won't send info

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
deft

i265 problems - won't send info

Post by deft »

I'm using an i265 with the GPS set to 'Unrestricted', the proper version of Accutracking installed for this phone (v2.03), I installed using the Nextel Mobile Account Manager..
I've followed every step of the Installation guide, the software runs on the phone, I have the right Tracker ID put in, the software finds satellites, shows my Lat/Lon/Alt/Speed/Heading, the Virtual Compass works, but no data seems to be reaching the web site. (when I use the link provided or view the Tracking page it just says 'No Data')...

Nextel insists I have Unlimited Data Access ordered and fully functional - for over a week now..

When I hit the 'Send' button on the phone when using the software the second line reads 'No fix. Waiting...' I've seen it give E825 and E822 messages also.

It looks like I might be having similar issues to this thread;
viewtopic.php?t=453&start=0&postdays=0& ... highlight=

except I don't have another phone where Accutracking is working.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Looks to me like a data plan problem.

P.S. Error E825 is no AGPS data, which means a bad signal. Error E822 means can almost fix but accuracy is too low for the data to be meaningful.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

can the phone get a manual fix using the gps menu?

also, do you have any other data programs that you can use to see if they're working?
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
deft

Post by deft »

madrabbitt wrote:can the phone get a manual fix using the gps menu?
Yes, always.
madrabbitt wrote: also, do you have any other data programs that you can use to see if they're working?
I've tried testing the data service by trying to log in to Telenav (I have no account). I give it my # and a fake pin, to see if it even tries to log me in, but after the 'Logging in' splash screen it comes back with 'Could not connect'.

Nextel tech support, the best guy at the Nextel store, all swear up and down that my Unlimited Data Access service is working.

Accutracking has been getting plenty of good fixes with 7+ satellites, seems to send the info (it gets as far as saying 'Position aquired' on a regular basis), but no data ever makes it to my account on the site.
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

if i email you a jad/jar combo, can you load it?

I'm going to send you a copy of AirIM, if you can connect with it, then the data works. If you cant connect, then we know where the problem is.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
deft

Post by deft »

yes please! I tried to get a demo copy of it from their site but I saw no support for Nextel or Motorola phones.

my email is:

roybot/at/ml1/dot/net

thank you.
deft

Post by deft »

It's working!

Here's what I did to fix it; Deinstalled, re-installed and set up a new account at the appropriate time in the installation. Apperantly the account I was using before was no good, because I signed up a week or two before installing the software on the phone.. (?)

Thanks for the AirIM, Rabbit, it helped me test the connection and I'm sure I'll use it later.

Now you can stalk me like I've been stalking you! ha ha