GEOFence Going Crazy

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
mrberrie

GEOFence Going Crazy

Post by mrberrie »

Happy New Year! Boy GEOFence has been making me dizzy. It really was acting crazy as I don't know what for the last two weeks. Showing my target all over the place, hitting all of the fences that are set within seconds of each other. However, I did learn one important lesson: if one fence is set too close to another fence (500 mile radius) it could cause the target to be shown entering another fence before they have exit the fence they were previously in. But that still does not count for the wole lot of strangeness of the last two weeks. Mrberrie....
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

The unit of geofence is ft. So your setting for 500 miles radius was 2640000? :P
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Mrberrie6

My Bad!

Post by Mrberrie6 »

You're right again, it is set for 500ft radius. My bad! So with that being the case they are NOT set too close to each other. How can the target enter a fence before leaving the fence it is in? How the target set off sooooo many fences within 1/2 second of each other. Kinda like being in three or four places at the same time. Help me out here :D Mrberrie...
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Well, I see you are having a couple of 100 feet fences set up, which is comparable to the fluctuation of GPS signal. I assume the GPS drifting triggered those small fences and made it look like the phone kept crossing in and out. BTW, is it normal now?
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com