Use outside USA

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
dvp

An idea?

Post by dvp »

Just thinking, I supose everyone knows httptunnel (a little soft that can go trhu privatre lan an go out to the web), so is this possible with a java app, and go on without totalconnect, trhu nextel server?.....
Bertrand

Java app

Post by Bertrand »

:shock:

Hi !!

Do you no, is it possible to install Java AccuTracking in my i730 if i dont have Web Jal ?????

If yes, please i want to no !!!!

Thanks !!!!!

I'm in Montr?al Quebec, Canada !!!!
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

The installation guide on support page (http://www.accutracking.com/support.html) doesn't use webjal but the Nextel's MAM web page. Not sure if Telus in Canada has the same web page.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

You can use MyJal, and a data cable, or upload the application to MYNEXTEL
dvp

Post by dvp »

Ok guy's, I don?t know how, but today it's workin in Buenos Aires ARGENTINA.
Excellent.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Great! So can you post your current Nextel plan (The Internet Plan) so other users in Argentina may get a clue?
dvp wrote:Ok guy's, I don?t know how, but today it's workin in Buenos Aires ARGENTINA.
Excellent.
AccuTracking Support
dvp

Post by dvp »

Actually only full internet plan, here at today no total connect plan exists, I'm going to ask to nextel waht they have change to make it works.

Excelent app.
dvp

Post by dvp »

Sorry guys, but not more connection in argentina, only could be on 1 and 2 of may, because an ""ERROR" in nextel.com.ar servers, just like they said, today we back to no connection, so.........
I'm going to present a note to revert this situation.
:evil: :x
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

So perhaps they are testing it and a new connection plan is not far away...
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

International Direct Connect Now Available in Peru, Argentina, and Brazil
Great news! International Direct Connect (IDC) is now available in Peru, Argentina and Brazil, in addition to Canada. Nextel customers can use IDC to communicate in and between the U.S. and Canada, as well as the U.S. and Peru, Brazil, and Argentina. Mexico will be launched at a later date.

Free till june 30th!!!
producer

Back on the move from Argentina

Post by producer »

Hi guys,

I am another newbie with Accutracking.
I am from Argentina and i will like that this great software can be used on my Country. I owned the Nextel Online PLUS package that make me able to connect to internet but it seems to be only WAP... I guess i have a private/public IP. What I dont have is the Two Way Messaging pack, that allows to send emails.

Someone could help me understanding how AccuTracking applet sends the information to internet? May be we could talk with Nextel Argentina technicians and make it possible.
Thanks in advance.

Leandro

leandrocura@gmail.com
mrberrie1

Maps Maps

Post by mrberrie1 »

Hey Spooky, if you like maps go to http://www.keyhole.com and download their trial version. A year subscription is about $26.00 US. Those maps should make you happy. You can cut and paste the accutracking coordinates into keyhole. Have fun! Mrberrie.....

spooky wrote:WOWEEE
I answered my own question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It works in ISRAEL with Amigo/MIRS
Just upload the Java applet and run it (no need to change or choose settings as on NEXTEL network)
Any GPS enabled iDEN phone with internet service enabled will work
The only small drawback is the limited resolution of the MAPQUEST
maps (you cant get down to street level) But in the meantime good enough
leovt

use outside USA

Post by leovt »

I'm in Canada and have the i58sr. It works great in my local area but as soon as I cross over the border into the US it quits sending the data. At least nothing shows up on the Accutracking site.
Is this a problem with my Telus plan not working fully with the Nextel plan? or do I just a change in the phone's settings?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: use outside USA

Post by ATSupport »

That means your plan doesn't work in US. Nothing you can do about it on the phone.
leovt wrote:I'm in Canada and have the i58sr. It works great in my local area but as soon as I cross over the border into the US it quits sending the data. At least nothing shows up on the Accutracking site.
Is this a problem with my Telus plan not working fully with the Nextel plan? or do I just a change in the phone's settings?
AccuTracking Support

Re: Maps Maps

Post by Guest »

mrberrie1 wrote:Hey Spooky, if you like maps go to http://www.keyhole.com and download their trial version. A year subscription is about $26.00 US. Those maps should make you happy. You can cut and paste the accutracking coordinates into keyhole. Have fun! Mrberrie.....
Thanks--but unfortunately no coverge of Israel at all
If anyone knows of an online mapping service that includes Israel
with street level resolution and the plugging in of coordinates , let me know

spooky wrote:WOWEEE
I answered my own question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It works in ISRAEL with Amigo/MIRS
Just upload the Java applet and run it (no need to change or choose settings as on NEXTEL network)
Any GPS enabled iDEN phone with internet service enabled will work
The only small drawback is the limited resolution of the MAPQUEST
maps (you cant get down to street level) But in the meantime good enough