High data usage

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.

High data usage

Post by Guest »

My car is driven less than 2 hours a day, with Smart sending on, 5 minute interval on i88s. From Accutrack web page, My average is about 30 GPS data updates a day. So 30 x 30 days x 80 bytes = 72kb per month. But this month statement said I got 1.1 MB of data usage. I called Nextel they said there were data calls which were made back to back, within seconds to each other, other than the calls I set for 5 minute intevals. Also they said the packets were variable in size - 0.35kb , 0.8kb etc. As far as I know, I have nothing running except Accutrack. No voice calls.

They think back to back calls might be retransmit. Does Accutrack resend if there is transmit problem?

How could it get 1.1 Mb in a month, even if there are occasional redial and retransmit?

Is there any other areas the app could use data except sending coordinates messages ( eg GPS fix assists....)?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Previous related topics:
viewtopic.php?t=178

The software does not send extra data and your usage doesn't look right to me. So when your car is not driven, the phone (AccuTracking) is off? Nextel's data charge is kind of blackbox operation and won't provide the data usage details. I am not ready to say that they measure the data right.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com