Panic

Share your experience using AccuTracking.
zardiw

Panic

Post by zardiw »

OK, I'm going to give it a shot. I've attached the unit to my dog Panic Attack, and will now wait until he takes off on his 2 day cruises around the desert. I'll keep you all posted as to how this is working.

I've tested the unit as well as I can. There's been some glitches. One thing is that since he is low to the ground, the signal strength is low. But I'm hoping I can finally find out where he goes when he goes on these journeys!

There is a Sprint tower within a half mile of me and am trying to find out if I can switch to a Sprint plan with my i415 phone and still have AccuTracking work..............anybody else using Sprint for this?.........Thx, z
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

I don't think Nextel phones can talk to Sprint tower but I could be wrong. Please keep us posted.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
zardiw

Post by zardiw »

Well, I'm going to talk to Sprint on Monday and see if they can give me a Sim card for the i415.....will let you all know.

As for Panic...........he's being a good dog and is hanging around.........just when I want him to roam he doesn't...........lol...............z
zardiw

Post by zardiw »

HEY, I think he just took off..............no tracking points yet though..:(.....z
zardiw

Post by zardiw »

BTW, does Sprint support Accu Tracking?......cause if worse comes to worse, I can buy a Sprint phone with Java....I know they have them, but don't know if they will let a Java program access the GPS data and transmit it to the servers.............anybody have any info on this?..........THX, z
copter

Post by copter »

If he goes for 2 days you better be sure you have a great big battery in that phone.
zardiw

Post by zardiw »

False alarm........he's been under a 5th wheel I got out here all day long........will try again tomorrow. Battery went all the way down in 10 hours or so......but I had it set to transmit every minute......of course it never WAS able to transmit cause no signal.

If this works, I'll invest in a bigger battery............z
zardiw

Post by zardiw »

copter wrote:If he goes for 2 days you better be sure you have a great big battery in that phone.
You're RIGHT!!!.........gotta see if it works first though.....lol........z
zardiw

Poor GPS fixing

Post by zardiw »

I've noticed that the unit won't fix a location when it comes out of a no-fix state, unless it is absolutely stationary. i.e. if you have it inside, and then take it outside it won't automatically fix and transmit unless you go to the Accu Tracking window and hold the unit absolutely still........:(......I think I have a bad unit.............z
Faster horses, yw, ow, mm........................z
zardiw

Post by zardiw »

Also, I'm working today, and am taking Panic with me, so no test today.......unless I do it when I come home......he likes to take off in the afternoons also, but it's over a hundred here, so he'll probably chill out under his wet Bogie location..........z
zardiw

Pictures

Post by zardiw »

Here's some pictures of the setup:

z
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Nice pictures! :)
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

hmm. theres a person with too much time on their hands.

i likes.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
zardiw

Post by zardiw »

madrabbitt wrote:hmm. theres a person with too much time on their hands.

i likes.

What you mean keemosabe???.....Wouldn't YOU be curious where your dog goes on a 2-3 day road trip???..........lol........z
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

i wish my dog was that active.
all he does is sleep and poop
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.