Wife---

Share your experience using AccuTracking.
Alpine

Wife---

Post by Alpine »

Hello,

Alright here is my problem. What all man fears...Wife is cheating! I think and have good reason to think so. While searching the internet for gps tracking devices I stumbled here. Let me add that this is a fantastic forum and has answered most of my questions. I (we) currently subscribe to Sprint. I realize that Sprint does not support this so therefore I need to look for an alternate way of seeing where my wife goes. I do have a contract for another year so I do not want to leave Sprint. So I am considering Nextel and buying a phone off eBay and then applying the cheapest plan to it. Or I read that the Boost Mobil pay as you go might be a better option.

So my question is:
A. What is the cheapest way to monitor my lovely wife for the next couple of months?
B. Boost or Nextel or other options?
C. Placing the phone in her car hidden in the trunk; will this receive and transmit being obstructed?
D. If Nextel/Boost, what phone is cheapest and will fulfill my requirement?

Man I fell lowly, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alpine
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

First off.... that really sucks.. I'm sorry for you, man.

Second I would forget the tracking thing all together. If you want anything that can be used as evidence, get a private investigator. All attempting to track your wife with a cell phone will do is let her know that you are on to her.

A phone in a trunk will not work. It needs to be in an exposed location.
Also you need to consider how you would power such a phone.
I can't be tracked anymore... :(
Alpine

Post by Alpine »

Thank you for your response and empathy. It does suck...

I am not looking for legal proof, rather I am looking to confirm my intuition. If this becomes true, I would then hire a PI. My wife although beautifull and intelligent, is rather "blond" if you know what I mean. I don't even think she knows how to open the trunk! :D

I am extreamly creative and have the ability to get the phone into an unobstructed location with a 12v power supply. Since these at this point seem to be the strongest objection, I still think there is hope for my idea.

Any further thoughts on the equipment and service would be appreciated. :lol:

-Alpine
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Any NEXTEL phone with JAVA should work fine. You can see a list of compatible phones on the main page of Accutracking.

Your main issue is going to be to find a place where the phone will have a good view of the sky. (Like the back deck)
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Probably the best way to go for you would be the Boost way.
Alpine

Post by Alpine »

Thanks again.

I thought the Boost way seemed the most logical. I will do some more research within the forums and figure out what I need to do. Surely I will have more questions as I set this up...I will also follow up as I get up and running.

Alpine
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

i415 would be a small phone to work with. In theory, a cheap car charger thats cut apart and the leads connected to a circut thats hot whenever the car is running would work. You could leave the phone in the trunk without too much problem, you'd get less accurate readings and a whole bunch of artifacts, but it work.

Not that i advocate on tracking a private person who doesnt know they're being tracked.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.

Cheating Wives

Post by TOP »

So, has this proven successful. I also have a cheating wife and need a similar plan if this was indeed successful.
bmack2

Car Battery Hookup??

Post by bmack2 »

This a two parter: (1) Madrabbit can you expand on hooking the phone to the battery? What to positive and what to the body of the car. (2) These phone companies are starting to advertise GPS more and more often on television. I will bet that her lover/sex partner whatever will caution her on the phone tracking thingy. BTW, I recommend Boost (they are starting to advertise in my area). It is cheaper and it works. However, I found out it is owned by Sprint (incognito) and I don't like Sprint very much. Boost does NOT operate in ALL area codes but you can still get another area code and it will work.

cheating wife

Post by guest »

Alpine
I don't have a cheating wife main reason is I am a wife,But I do track my husband with a cell hidden in the car.It works very well and it is very easy to hook up continue power.I use a cut off car charger.Mine is hidden in the air cleaner case under the hood hot wired to the battery and grounded to the body.Only problem I have which is very irritating is it will get into a block of some kind and will stall the tracking.I then have to turn the phone off and back on then it will track like its supposed to for another couple of weeks.Other than that it works great.Good luck.
B1

Re: cheating wife

Post by B1 »

Thank You! GPS Tracking does NOT discriminate. It will track male and female, it like us, don't care about the gender. Regarding those blocks: if you call the phone or direct connect to it that should allow it to re-establish a location, i.e., clear the block. I you put an earphone plug in the phone, they will never hear it ring. Take that one step further and cut off the earphone adapter down to the plug to make it almost invisible. Now can you please tell me: You hooked up the phone straight to a 12V car battery? Also when you cut the charger was the wires colored? How did you know which with was positive & negative? Thanks! B.....

guest wrote:Alpine
I don't have a cheating wife main reason is I am a wife,But I do track my husband with a cell hidden in the car.It works very well and it is very easy to hook up continue power.I use a cut off car charger.Mine is hidden in the air cleaner case under the hood hot wired to the battery and grounded to the body.Only problem I have which is very irritating is it will get into a block of some kind and will stall the tracking.I then have to turn the phone off and back on then it will track like its supposed to for another couple of weeks.Other than that it works great.Good luck.

cheating wife

Post by guest »

Hello B1
Are you a male or female? Just curious is all.You are wanting to connect direct power to your phone from the battery? let me know if thats what you are trying to do. Its really very simple and you don't have to worry about the phone dying and recharging it.You can also use a hands free modify it a bit attach it to the phone hide it somewhere in the car to hear any convo if there is any going on in the car.

Former PI/DPS Officer

Post by Guest »

Sorry for your problems. You have given me some great advice for my own use (i.e. Phone/Battery hookups) so here's something in return. Been there myself and have also wondered where my vehicles were for other reasons.

Baseball legend arrested in Phoenix for stalking former girlfriend with GPS. You aren't "stalking" so this is not an issue. Look in the Arizona Republic or on azcentral.com for related stories and GPS equipment he used. This is a good source for info you need.

Respectfully submitted

A SPRINT user wishing for AccuTracking!!

P.S.

Post by Guest »

The ONLY situations in which evidence is needed:

If the state lacks a "No Fault" divorce provision.

States without "Community Property" provision.

Child and/or Pet custody is an issue.

Again, respectfully submitted

Former PI/DPS Officer
Alpine

Follow up

Post by Alpine »

Yes,

I successfully installed the i415 under the back deck carpeting in a 2005 Honda. The signal is sometimes faint but strong enough that I get most locations at all times. The Honda has a negative electrical system, therefore most power connections are "hot" all the time. Other vehicles use positive systems in which + is only flowing when a device or switch is activated. In other words, the Honda has + flow all the time. I installed the wiring taping into the rear hatch light. Grounded to an existing screw already in the vehicle. I purchased a socket from a local auto parts store and plugged the phone charger into that taping it secure with electrical tape to make sure it would not vibrate apart. I used a piece of foam wrapped around the phone to keep it from making noise and vibrating while driving. Also, when the i415 is attached to the charger the keypad is illuminated. Therefore the foam eliminated any light that could be seen at night. (not that it can be seen under the carpet) Anyways, it took me about 1 hour to install and nothing can be seen without taking trim apart.

The results:

Superbowl weekend (Friday) the wife says she is going to a girlfriends to spend the night. I am thinking yea right...Anyways, sure enough I track her to a hotel. I stay at the bar for about 3 hours enjoying the company of a nice young woman having great conversation while watching the front door. It's about 1am and I am tired and realize that nothing will come of me sitting at the bar all night. I go home and then come back early in the morning. Sit there in the lobby for about 3 hours and I see this guy that I have seen her with before walk out. (busted) About 10 min latter she walks out carrying her bags. I confront her in the parking lot and well, you can imagine the rest of the story. The funny thing is that this hot girl that I met at the bar the night before, was begging me to go to her room. Being a good husband I minded my morals...Isn't that ironic though? funny.

Well, thank you Accutracking. Although this isn't the ideal use of this great product, it certainly helped me move on with my life. It was difficult for me to morally install this, but end the end it proved the right thing to do.

So let this be a lesson to all you women and men. If you really think that things are going on, don't hesitate to use this product for your own safety. With STD's, economic, and social concerns you can't afford to play around with your future or life.

The only problem now is that I intended to use the phone, for this sole reason and then sell it. But now I love it so much I am just going to have to keep it for my personal use and enjoyment.

Looking for single women in Michigan!

Alpine