How do I find out if a tracking device has been put on car?

Share your experience using AccuTracking.
mal62880

How do I find out if a tracking device has been put on car?

Post by mal62880 »

I suspect I am being tracked. I can I find out if something has been installed on my car? Would my car have to have been taken to someone to do the installation? If so, what places do this sort of installation? THANKS!
hutch109

Re: How do I find out if a tracking device has been put on car?

Post by hutch109 »

Do you have a reason to be tracked?

A good unit can be placed anywhere. You can start by using your eyes, and looking around for anything out of the ordinary. Under the car, under the seats, in the trunk, etc.

With a remote antenna, the places are endless.

Some covert installs can happen in under 5 seconds, so no - it would not have had to go anywhere.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
mal62880

Post by mal62880 »

Ex-husband with restraining order. Worried about my safety.
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Then you can start by looking around the car, under the car, in the dash, behind the glove box area, under the seats etc. Also look for any strange wires, as most devices need power - unless they have an extended battery.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

mal62880

Post by mal62880 »

Thank you, Eric. That is helpful. Looks like some of these devices are pretty small! Are they usually inside the car, or can they be in wheel well, under hood, etc?
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Depending on the type; as small as a pack of smokes, to as large as a lunch box - just depends on battery life, etc.

If it has an external antenna - it can go anywhere, and then just an antenna - from the size of a grain of rice, to a quarter - would need to be visible towards the sky (for good signal), or it could be burried for less than good signal.

Wheel wells are fair game; trunk, bumper, we have even done them INSIDE the tire... So yes, they can be tough.

If your being tracked, there are usually outward signs - people knowing where you are/have been, calling to check in when your somewhere your not supposed to be, seeing someone you would not normally see there...

Eric

Rob

Post by Rob »

The best way to locate a unit that transmits is to have a professional sweep done..They will locate the unit when it transmits...we do here in NY
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob

Post by Guest »

mal62880 wrote:I suspect I am being tracked. I can I find out if something has been installed on my car? Would my car have to have been taken to someone to do the installation? If so, what places do this sort of installation? THANKS!

why don't you just go to the police ?

If you have a restraining order set up against your ex - then one would think your suspicions would be justified?!

What would you do if you where being tracked?
Rob

Post by Rob »

The police do not have the detection equipment to locate a tracker or listening device. Here in NY they send people to us to do the service. you may call me and I'll try to help you.
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob

Post by Guest »

Here is the real answer. I am familiar with all devices. The quickest installs are the easiest to find. Just go to a secure mechanic and have you car put on a lift. Have him look for any little extra wires he doesn't understand or any little boxes. Tell him what you are looking for. Then start at the battery area, all under the hood and then inside including the trunk. You cannot hide the wires and the unit very well. They are all easy to detect when you have the time go really go over the car with a mechanic, or better yet, an automotive elec shop (not stereo shop).
Rob

Post by Rob »

Our unit has no wires..keep searching!

Rob
GPS Victim

Post by GPS Victim »

Rob wrote:Our unit has no wires..keep searching!
If a clown installs it, look udner the car. If a stereo shop installs, then you have your hands full.

These GPS trackers are becoming as popular as radar detectors. Whoever designs a tool to find these things will make big money. If you go to a stereo shop ($65) to find it, then your tracker (local private detective) is paying the guy $250 to play dumb.

These things are a bitch to find, short of having super sophisticated equip.

Maybe Rob will come up with something
Rob

Post by Rob »

I can...call me

Rob
Gypsy.Lady

Re: How do I find out if a tracking device has been put on c

Post by Gypsy.Lady »

Did you have any luck finding a device? My ex has started telling me where I am all the time. I believe he has put something on my car and it scares me, at best (why would someone do that?). I would like to find it and have it removed.
meme

Re: How do I find out if a tracking device has been put on c

Post by meme »

I thought I should be typing an question and just decided I knew the answer. I am in my second marriage and again..... again... cannot trust my husband and have many reasons such as texts, calls, etc... You know what? I don't need to spend any more money.

You don't either... Again, this is just my simple awakening at this moment. I knew in the first 15 years of my marriage and now in my second marriage I know now as well. It's a feeling and a shift in character. It's the knowledge that what you explained that you "never wanted to happen" happens. Ladies and men.... we know, we know it and feel it when it happens.......................

I must keep making the same mistakes in my marriages as I keep having the very same results. I blame myself for this time, as I am repeating my insecurity patterns. I hope this helps one person and if it does.... God Bless You!