battery

Discussions about AccuTracking Starter Kit and phones.
CharlieLA

battery

Post by CharlieLA »

I'm looking for help. I have bought the Motorola phone and Accutracking is installed. It works for about 5 hours. I want to have it work for days at a time. What is the best way to keep tracking going in a car without draining the phone's battery? Using the provided battery charger is too obvious and easily disconnected. Is there a way I can connect the phone to the car battery?
joesgt281

Re: battery

Post by joesgt281 »

CharlieLA wrote:I'm looking for help. I have bought the Motorola phone and Accutracking is installed. It works for about 5 hours. I want to have it work for days at a time. What is the best way to keep tracking going in a car without draining the phone's battery? Using the provided battery charger is too obvious and easily disconnected. Is there a way I can connect the phone to the car battery?
FWIW:
viewtopic.php?t=626
copter

Post by copter »

I have been looking into the same problem, you can use a car charger cord to hook direct to power or to the cig lighter plug and if you want a more covert power source I have taken 2 1500mah extended batteries and piggybacked them together for about 2 days of power. With the big battery you can't use the back cover.
I am looking into installing a motion switch which will extend the batt life to
approx 10 days.
CharlieLA

thanks, let me know about sensors battery. that sounds

Post by CharlieLA »

very interesting.
epmd

battery

Post by epmd »

where did you find the 1500/mh batteries ?
copter

Post by copter »

You should find the 1500mah batteries at most online cellular stores or e-bay. Sorry it took so long to answer your question didn't see it untill now.
Let me know if you can't find them, I'm going to order a bunch to put together some doubles.
rob

switch

Post by rob »

You would also need a timer circuit..and a motion sensor![/b]
copter

Post by copter »

Do you know of a person who can install this circuit and switch?
ROB

BATTERY#

Post by ROB »

Are you using a batery for a i85 or i 50

Thanks in advance!
copter

Post by copter »

These batteries will work with i30/i50/i85/i88/i90/i95/i415/i425 and some others.
Rob

Battery

Post by Rob »

Hey There Copter,

Thank you..
rob

waterproof box

Post by rob »

Can you tell me who makes the box..did you clue the magnets?
copter

Post by copter »

The box is a Pelican box and the magnets are from Grainger and are bolted on.
Rob, did you ever figure out a switch?
bobtray

Post by bobtray »

I've put together a sort of super extended battery that seems to work fairly well. It's a combination of 1 1500ma type extended battery that that is hooked up in parallel with some li-ion cells I bought from hobby store.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I can try and post some pictures and more specific information.
Robert
Slimson

Post by Slimson »

I removed the cigar lighter outlet from a junk car and wired it into the trunk light of our car. Then a car charger to the phone can be plugged in an is concealed below the rear deck. The trunk light has power all the time, so the phone stays on. It has been working that way for a month, just quit once when the adapter came unplugged and the phone battery died.