question about hooking charger directly to car battery

Discussions about AccuTracking Starter Kit and phones.

question about hooking charger directly to car battery

Post by Guest »

I am in the process of hooking up my phone "kit" & am considering charging options. If I run the car charger directly off of the car battery, will it drain down the car battery. The car is driven to work in the morning for about a 1/2 hour, around a bit at lunch, & then home where it sits overnight ? The other option is if I plug it into a switched power source, will the above run times be enough to keep it on a constant charge ? The phone will just be used for tracking & not used for calls. Thanks !
JeePaRoo

Re: question about hooking charger directly to car battery

Post by JeePaRoo »

in my experience I find it best to keep the phone powered at all times if possible.. if your car is going to sit for a week or more without being driven I might consider unplugging it then.. but during the day while at work or overnight.. not an
issue esp if your trip is 10 minutes or longer each way with the car running...

-Christopher
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Using a switched power outlet, will not work real well in your case. If you only have the choice of switched or constant power - go with constant power.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)

Post by Guest »

I was thinking/hoping that it would be easiest to find a switched power source somewhere in the trunk. Why would a switched source not work so well ? Thanks !
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Because the phone will only last about 8 hours without power, and when switched power comes back to life, it will not turn the phone back on - so it will never track again, until you go to the phone, and turn it back on.... And if you have it off for 5 hours, and drive for 15 minutes, then you still only have a short time left, since it never charged all the way back up.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)