Thinking about buying have a question

Discussions about AccuTracking Starter Kit and phones.

Thinking about buying have a question

Post by Guest »

I have a service company. i want to place the phone in van engine compartment and hard wire to battery. . Would I just cut the charging wire split it to ground and hot on battery place it near the battery area. Would it get good reception there, and will this work. I want my guys to know we have gps I just don't want the phone to be easyly defeated.

Thanks Ron
hutch109

Re: Thinking about buying have a question

Post by hutch109 »

You can place the phone in the compartment - but you should also protect it in a waterproof box.

You also can not just "cut the wire" and splice it in. The phones operate on 3.7 VDC and the power unit is a 12 VDC unit. You could put a cig. plug under the hood - and do it that way, but you need to make sure you have a regulated 3.7 VDC output.

We offer waterproof cases - and the ability to use AccuTracking for fleet purposes like you want to.

Our units are equipped with a computer on-board to keep the unit reset - which you will also find is needed if the trucks park inside a building over night, in parking ramps for hours, or any other time the GPS will be "challanged" and covered for a few hours.

Any questions, give me a call.

Thanks

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
Rob

Re: Thinking about buying have a question

Post by Rob »

The output of the car charger is 5-6 volts not 3.7 ..the best place is under the dash where there is plenty of power and a pretty solid view of the sky through the windshield. You won't need to waterproof the unit..we do this all the time!
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob