Can I use a separate motorcycle/moped 12v battery...

Discussions about AccuTracking Starter Kit and phones.

Can I use a separate motorcycle/moped 12v battery...

Post by Guest »

Is it possible to connect a 12v motorcycle or moped battery as the primary source, instead of using the car's battery? I want to hide the entire unit away someplace in the engine bay and figured since a motorcycle/moped battery is much smaller, I'd had have an easier time hiding it.. Any thoughts on how long it'd last? Potential problems? Thank you, guest
hutch109

Re: Can I use a separate motorcycle/moped 12v battery...

Post by hutch109 »

You can use any 12v source - if your using a cig. charger with it.

Don't you a regular lead acid battery - as it may leak, and eat through whatever it touches - and if it vents too much - it could cause a buildup of hydrogen gas.

If you want to hide it - and go through all the effort, purchase one of the motion activated units - you will get long life out of it, you will keep it small, and it will work out much better for you.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)

Re: Can I use a separate motorcycle/moped 12v battery...

Post by Guest »

hutch109 wrote:You can use any 12v source - if your using a cig. charger with it.

Don't you a regular lead acid battery - as it may leak, and eat through whatever it touches - and if it vents too much - it could cause a buildup of hydrogen gas.

If you want to hide it - and go through all the effort, purchase one of the motion activated units - you will get long life out of it, you will keep it small, and it will work out much better for you.

Eric

Thanks for the info Eric! I think I'm going to email you with questions on motion activated units. I already purchased the starter kit and was wondering how difficult it would be to "add-on" the motion activated component..

Thanks again!