A couple quesitons about the i415

Discussions about AccuTracking Starter Kit and phones.
Lucas

A couple quesitons about the i415

Post by Lucas »

Will the GPS tracking work where there is no cell reception. Our team is thinking about using this for backup tracking of a high altitude rocket launch. The launch site is in the middle of no where and there is no cell reception. We will have internet access but no cell reception. Can we still use the GPS tracking feature?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

When there is no cell reception, the GPS data can be acquired by cannot be sent out in real time. However, the data would be cached and sent out later when the phone is back into reception. More details: http://support.accutracking.com/kb/article/000042
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Lucas; For your purpose - NO. If you can not locate your rocket - you will not be able to get your data - if you have no cell coverage.

You should stick to an RF unit for that purpose - as cell service will not matter, and its "short range" per se.

If you have further questions, contact me.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)