Detroit Area Users page

All other non-technical questions and discussions.
n8wb

Detroit Area Users page

Post by n8wb »

I was thinking it may be interesting to create a map that would show AccuTracking users in the Detroit area. If I were to create the sub account, would anyone be interested in being included? If so, post a message in this thread and I can send you your tracker ID via a PM. Once you have this loaded on your phone you would be able to see yourself alone on the map, or you would be able to see where everyone is located that has elected to join the group.
If people are interested and the idea takes off, it may even be an interesting idea that AccuTracking would be able to reference as a live demo of what their software can do.
Keep in mind that I believe that by joining the sub account your original account settings will no longer work. But at least it would be more interesting to look at a map with multiple users instead of being by yourself.
n8wb

As a second thought

Post by n8wb »

Would it be possible for AccuTracking to do this themselves? I wondere if they would be able to allow users to "opt in" in their profiles in order to be included in a map of the area. Perhaps the map could be created for certain regions that people could zoom in/out and see other users in their area.
Any thoughts?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

That sounds very interesting! I'll get back to you.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
n8wb

Post by n8wb »

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing what you are able to come up with.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

After some discussion, it's not straightforward as I thought it would be. There are some security concerns. What can happen if you give your tracker ID to others? What if one can add other's ID freely? Risk for spoof attack?

No decision has been made yet but for now you can start your group as suggested in the original post. :wink:
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com