newbie questions

All other non-technical questions and discussions.
Xnake

newbie questions

Post by Xnake »

Hi guys, I have some questions, I'm very interested in this thing, probably someone has asked such question around here somewhere.

1) Can I use regular cell phones as GPS receiver or it has be those phones from Motorola that you've mentioned?

2) Do regular phone manufacturers such as Nokia, or Sony Ericsson, etc. embed GPS receiver on their products?

3) To get the location in humane words instead of coordinates, I have to connect it to the service provider, which can be a web site that provides such service or the GSM provider itself, so it must involve messaging like SMS (if it uses GSM provider) at least, or GPRS (if you want to connect to a website). Is it correct or not? Or maybe I can still get the data by connecting the device (phone/PDA) to the computer and uses Internet connection then sends the data received back to the device.... I can do such things, can't I?

Thanks in advance :)
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

GPS-enabled iDEN phones can be used as normal GPS receivers when connecting to PC/PDA. Other phone providers are not able to do this AFAIK.
Not sure about what your 3rd questions is about?
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com