Unwanted Incoming Airtime Charges with Boost Mobile

All other non-technical questions and discussions.

Which provider do you use for wireless web?

You may select 1 option

View results

WebGuy

Unwanted Incoming Airtime Charges with Boost Mobile

Post by WebGuy »

I have two Motorola i335 cell phones, both running AccuTracking software, both are embedded into the dashes of my two vehicles. (Mine and my wifes)

I've got the "pay as you go" wireless web plan but each and every month I end up with a bunch of incoming airtime charges on my accounts.

In the past, Boost Mobile customer service would credit these charges after I explained to them that these phones are only being used for GPS tracking and that neither phone is being used to make or receive calls.

Today I called and got this guy named "Davalle" whos is supposedly some type of 'floor supervisor' for Boost customer service. He refused to credit the airtime telling me that what I have is a couple of "cell phones" and he doesn't care how I am using them or not using them. He continued to explain that if a call is made to my 'phone' and the voicemail answers, I have to pay the 10¢ charge regardless.

Does anyone know how to disable voicemail on a Motorola i335?

The guy was a real jerk and I finally told him that he's lost my business as I am only interested in paying for the services I AM USING.

Are there other providers out there that will disable voicemail so that airtime charges won't appear on the pay as you go accounts?

I'd love to get some response to this question, and quick.

Mark,
The WebGuy