i730 GPS

All other non-technical questions and discussions.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

? Engineers from Motorola and Nextel are working around the clock to remedy the situation. The fix requires a two-part solution. The first part is to deploy a network solution, and this has been completed. The second part of the fix is to update software on individual phones. Nextel is developing plans now to ensure all affected phones are fixed.
n8wb

Nextel update

Post by n8wb »

August 4, 2004, A-GPS Issue Update: Software Upgrade for Motorola Handsets to be Rolled Out Next Week.

A solution has been identified for the assisted global positioning satellite location (A-GPS) software issue impacting the i205, i305, i530, i710, i730, i733, i736 and i830 iDEN? phones by Motorola. The two-part fix includes a network solution, which was completed on July 25, and a software update on Nextel's customer phones. Plans are now moving forward to upgrade existing phones to a new software version, which provides the second part of the overall fix. Beginning next week, customers with i530, i730, and i830 phones will be advised of how and where to obtain the free A-GPS software fix for their phone. Additional phones will be added to the upgrade schedule in the following days and weeks.

Nextel's Motorola iDEN phones continue to be fully operational with regard to other services, including cellular phone calls, Nextel Direct Connect? calls, voice mail, Caller ID and data applications such as text messaging, email and SMS. Nextel will continue selling its current line of Motorola iDEN phones and will update any functionality as required to resolve this issue.

For customers using the Motorola i58sr and i88s iDEN phones, the A-GPS commercial services capabilities are fully functional; however, these phones will require a software upgrade to ensure they can take advantage of E911 Phase II functionality in those areas where Nextel has deployed Phase II service. E911 Phase II is a technology that provides 911 call centers with the approximate physical location of the wireless handset used to place a 911 call.

Nextel's E911 Phase II service is now available for phones with the updated software. Nextel and Motorola are in the process of updating the affected handsets. For customers without the software update, E911 Phase I service is available throughout Nextel?s nationwide network. When a user makes an E911 call with Phase I service, the call transmits the cell phone number and nearest cell site to Public Safety Answering Points (or 911 call centers) that are capable of receiving and using that information.

Please check back to this site next week for a list of Nextel locations where customers can get software updated free of charge.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Hi N8WB

I already had posted this information in this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=140

But thanks!
A_L_E_X

Post by A_L_E_X »

This upgrade work very fine !!!! whit Telus too