Best Tracking Device for Children

All other non-technical questions and discussions.

Best Tracking Device for Children

Post by Guest »

Hi, here's my situation. When my seven year old daughter goes over to her friend's house (about a mile or so away), I'd like to be able to track her (in case they're out playing behind the house & some sicko grabs her & takes off, also, I'd like a panic button on it so she could press it if she ever felt uncomfortable with a situation.

I know there are child 'watches', but they work on cell signals and I can't count on cell service on this island. All the other devices I've read about work where you set a perimeter around YOUR tracking device for the child - but that won't help since I wouldn't even be within a mile of her.

Is there a GPS device I could use - even something I could customize to work for what I need? Thanks for any advice you can give.
Rob

Re: Best Tracking Device for Children

Post by Rob »

What island?
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob

Post by Guest »

Moose Island - It's right off the coast of Maine - right across from (Canadian) Campobello Island.

Post by Guest »

Your child situation might be easily solved with a simple "push-to-talk" Nextel i415 Motorola GPS equipt phone with the walkie-talkie option enabled. Its almost better than a "panic" button because it works both as a signal (to your phone and you to her phone) and for you two to talk back and forth with INSTANTLY without dialing any numbers.
If your child needs help, just have her press the walkie talkie bar on the side of the phone. (it is a silver color about one inch long. (Use finger nail polish to change it to any color wanted. Bright red, orange, yellow, etc.). In just a second on average you get her "panic" signal from miles away. This assumes your island has Sprint/Nextel (Boost) service. You can then talk to her instantly.

If you need a phone to test with, buy one at a Department store (Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, etc.). If you can not find one (a Motorola i415 is a good one), let me know. If you have a Visa or Mastercard, I have one here for you and can ship it to you via UPS, or you can buy a complete starter kit from AccuTrack.
Good Luck. Tjuul02@yahoo.com
==================================================================
8)
Jane Consumer

Post by Jane Consumer »

Thanks for trying to help me out. But, apparently, the problem is that I didn't understand GPS (satellite) capabilities - that it only works one way. Guess I watch too much Star Trek and unbelievable action flicks.

It looks like the only device that would work for me is the one that operates via cell phone service - and that is not possible where I live. Everyone on the island flocks to the local grocery store parking lot because that is about the only place you can get a signal here.

I need a small device that my daughter can carry inconspicuously where I can track her and also have a panic button if she needs it. This would all have to work out via some magical satellite signal - but it has been explained to me that there is no such thing yet. On the other hand, maybe someday they will construct more cell towers in the area - but this is such a sparsely populated area, no one really cares about us.

If technology catches up to my ideas, please let me know. Maybe even than you could beam the device over to me. :D

Until then!

Thanks
Rob

Post by Rob »

Nextel won't work where you are ..I checked the footprint!
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob