Different use for Accutracking device..

All other non-technical questions and discussions.
Raven

Different use for Accutracking device..

Post by Raven »

Has anybody used accutracking for a semi transport? What I am looking for is an easy to use and not expensive way of being able to track our semi as I sit at home base and give my hubby directions via Telus/Mike phone (i580). I usually type in the address, where he has to go to and find it on Microsoft Streets and Trips or Microsoft Live search map and direct him that way but it would be much easier if I can actually see where he is on the screen and be able to give better directions that way. Also it would help out if the truck ever breaksdown I would be able to find his exact location for help. He is starting to do long hauls (Canada & US) and this would just make it alot easier to find out where he is. We live in Ontario and does Accutracking work up here?

Also when the accutracking is attached to the phone can you still have all the working functions of the phone, example the two way mike system and receive in/out coming phone calls?

Is the only map supported by accutracking Google or (I think I had read somewhere that Microsoft maps work as well)?

Is accutracking hard to install on a phone?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Accutracking is easy to install on a phone - if you have the cable.

You can track semis just fine - as long as your in the Nextel coverage area.

Google Maps are supported, and yes, if you have Microsoft Map Point, there is a plug in that you can use. Or you get the raw GPS X/Y data - so you can use anything that accepts GPS info.

Accutracking, and other clients, use the "packet data" feature of the system - and yes, you could get phone calls when the package is running - just not both at the same time... If a call was in progress - the tracking would pause - or you could run a second phone that was only a "tracker".

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
Raven

Post by Raven »

Thank you Eric?

Where do you get the phone cable?

Does Accutracking operate by price per minutes only? How much does just a phone for tracking usage cost?
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

You can get a whole package for like $59.00 or less. AccuTrack uses the "Boost" system, which is Nextel... It uses the data plan and runs like $10.60 per month - its the best way to do it - it comes with a phone, battery, everything you need.

If you want more info, PM me - or give me a call, I can answer your questions.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)