keeping the battery charged

All other non-technical questions and discussions.
Helen

keeping the battery charged

Post by Helen »

I have had my phone hard-wired into the cigarette lighter, but the phone still goes dead after about a day or so. I upgraded the phone with one of the extra large capacity batteries, and it still goes dead. I have a Montero Sport, 2002. Anybody got any ideas where else I might hook this up in a hidden spot? Right now it's tuck up under the dash area, and reading well when charged. I heard something about having to find a wire that is hot, even when the car is off.

By the way, my story I think is a good one. My husband's x was doing eveything to break up our marriage, including telling me she was still sleeping with my husband. He denied it, but I figured better safe than sorry. It turns out she's the liar, and he's still my husband! I know I should have just trusted him, but if you got nothing to hide, and eveything to gain, I say go for it. It totally saved my marriage. Of course I'd still like to make sure every now and then! :wink: :wink:
Nas

Post by Nas »

The cig lighter on your car loses power when car is off. You can either connect phone to the battery with a battery clip (hard to hide the wire though), or find the hot wire in the trunk.
Helen

hardwiring

Post by Helen »

Thank you! I'll give that a shot.

Re: keeping the battery charged

Post by Guest »

Just run a wire from the fuse box or the ignition, use a multimeter to look for +12 when the key is off, you can probably look up wire color codes from the12volt.com. For the fuse box you can "ghetto" add it in by simply putting the wire on the fused side and pushing the fuse over the top of it holding it in place or else the "right" way by buying one of those "add a circuit" fuses and using a spade connector. Of course splicing in to the wire coming from a wire leaving the fuse box works as well.
carolynpoe

Re: keeping the battery charged

Post by carolynpoe »

I had the same problem with my battery and hooked up with Rob at Spy Outlet 716-830-7791. He put an external battery on my phone that lasts over a month. My husband has Alzheimer’s and we are trying to let him be independent but he still needs our help and at the same time we need piece of mind, an extended battery and Rob's help was the answer. Call him, he was great!