Cached reports get longer and longer on maps

Report new bugs or search known ones.
Wes Dawson

Cached reports get longer and longer on maps

Post by Wes Dawson » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:11 pm

When my phone sends cached data, the reports that appear on the "24 Hour Locations" map say "Cached record" (and sometimes "Cell tower location.") That's fine, but if there are multiple cached reports that are sent at once when signal is restored, the messages repeat the words "Cached record" and "Cell tower location" several times.

Try it: enable data caching and go to a place where you get a GPS fix but no signal. (I'm sure the AT developers can simulate this in software.) Move around in this area so you have several different locations in the data cache. (If you just sit in one place, you won't be able to click on the points separately on the map.) Now go somewhere that you have signal so the phone will send the data cache to the server.

Go to the "24 Hour Locations" map page and click on the cached points in turn. The status report for many of the points will be really long, with "cached location" repeated several times. At least, that's my experience.

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:24 pm

I don't quite get the problem but here is what I understand: you are saying the interaction with the online map takes long time, ie. after clicking the position, it takes long to pop up the info window on the map. If that's the case, try a different browser and see if it helps.

Or, are you saying the data itself has long timestamp span between each data?
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Wes Dawson

Longer as in taller, more lines of content

Post by Wes Dawson » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:50 am

By "longer" I meant that each cached data point has more bytes of data, takes up more lines on the screen. The words "Cached Record" are repeated over and over. Next time this happens I'll take screen shots and post them in this forum, if it allows images.