Hotfix [FIXED]

Report new bugs or search known ones.
Skibum

Hotfix [FIXED]

Post by Skibum »

I believe that there may be some issue with the hotfix button. It seems to be behaving erratically. Currently I have the hotfix UNCHECKED, yet my position is updating every 7 seconds. If I go and check the hotfix, the same scenario exists. If I go in again and UNCHECK hotfix, then everything seems normal... but "Sending data.." is continuously displayed. Then I get "cannot connect to server" Exiting the program, and reloading, now I get a normal position sent..
Is it possible that the app is remembering the last state from the last time the program is loaded?
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

I just did a reboot, and can confirm the above events. To disable hotfix, it seems that I need to go to the setup, and click OK, even though hotfix is not checked.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

I'll try to reproduce it and get back.

Thank you,
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Couldn't reproduce but from your description it looks to me there's a discrepance between the hotfix checkbox and the internal flag.

In addition, the program keeps aquiring position in every 30 seconds if previous aquiring failed. So I guess what you've observed might not related to hotfix but due to losing GPS signals?
AccuTracking Support
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Actually no.... when I am seeing this, I am geting a new position every 8 seconds, or so the software is telling me.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

hm..so it's not the gps signal. In a word you have to restart the program after unchecking hotfix for it to take effect?
AccuTracking Support
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

I will verify tomorrow, but that is what I think the case is.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

OK

I can confirm that on my i730 enabling hotfix has no effect until I restart the application. This is quite evident based on the display. When I enable hotfix, but do not reboot, the screen is the same as always, but after a restart of the program, I can see in the display "refreshing position..." along with that position, and the timestamp. That timestamp is updating about every 7 seconds. If I go to the Menu, and select setup, it shows hotfix as NOT enabled. If I change nothing, but click on OK, the main screen goes back to normal... I.E. "Sent" along with the position, and the time of last position.

I hope this helps.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

With these details I can reproduce and confirm this is a BUG.

BUG: Hotfix checkbox always shows as unchecked after restarting the program.

Thank you for the time and help! :) We'll get it fixed and update the download link.
Last edited by ATSupport on Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AccuTracking Support
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Do not forget the first part....enabling hotfix required a restart of the prog.
zipzag

Post by zipzag »

still would be helpful if tracking would resume automatically in a power up of phone or the option to do so.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

I really dont think that is up to Accutracking...possibly Motorola.

Post by Guest »

quite possibly,just found myself scrolling through my menu to get to Java Apps to get to Accutrac restart after replacing battery ,while driving down highway, what a feat.Being a 3000 min a month phone user + draining the battery w/tracking i find myself doing this alot.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

setup a user selectable button for the operation. I setup the right arrow on my 730, now accutracking is just a single click, without having to fumble, away....
zipzag

Post by zipzag »

gotcha,will see if I can on my I88,& client 58"s. Really would like the power up feature for client phones so it would a thoughtless process after a power down.