not reporting last stop

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.

not reporting last stop

Post by guest »

My i415 is not reporting the last stop or last position where the car is parked. It reports always 1 block away.Any comments or help.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Do you have 'Smart Sending' enabled? Try disable that and it should report the stationary positions constantly.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Slimson

Post by Slimson »

I have the same issue, and have found disabling smart sending to cure it.

Is this due to a poor signal or is there some solution that will allow the smart sending feature to work?
I really like the smart sending to reduce the redundant positions reported.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

The smart sending has an algorithm to figure out whether 2 adjacent data are "duplicates". In your case, the 1 block difference falls in the "duplicate".

You might ask why not adjust the algorithm to be more sensitive so as to differentiate 1 block distance. The reason is that the GPS signal are not accurate all the time and drifting within 200 feet from time to time and it'll render smart sending useless.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Slimson

smart sending not working

Post by Slimson »

I guess my problem may not be the same, as the reporting of postions stops entirely when the car is parked. With smart sending disabled, I get reports approx. every 5 minutes.
I am using the latest version (3.3.0), but the previous version behaved the same.

smart sending

Post by guest »

It seems with smart sending turned off, you have a much better chance of receiving the last parked position. With it on, I was never receiving the last parked position. It was always showing the vehicle in motion and approx. 1 block away.
You may have to deal with the unit reporting more, but you'll get more accurate last parked postion. IMPORTANT!