Will this work on i730 Boost?

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
phoenix911

AccuTracking and Boost

Post by phoenix911 »

AccuTracking and Boost phones are working now! Or at least it is on mine, appears to have been working since March, maybe sooner, I just happened to login to see and BOOM there was GPS info and a map, so I started accutracking on my phone and hit send, then pressed refresh and it was updated with the new GPS info. Not sure if Boost done something, but it is working now.

Woohoo!

:D :D :D :D
ruben

how do i down load ring tones with boostmobile i730

Post by ruben »

[quote="ServerKing"]If not what program can be used for free?[/quote
Mark

Post by Mark »

Can anyone confirm what phoenix911 said? Phoenix11, can you give more explicit details of your boost phone, anythign special about how you got it or set it up. What services do you have? Have you figured out a way to subscribe to TotalConnect on your boost phone?

As I explained in my thread I posted here another day, I am looking to use a i730+accutrack combination for purposes of finding my father with alzheimers in case he has a problem. I expect the phone itself to get very little use, maybe 20 minutes/mo in calls, so I think the boost would be much more appealing to me if I can get it to work, than a $40/mo nextel basic plan with loads of calling minutes that will go practically unused.
mannyman

Can anyone confirm what phoenix911 said?

Post by mannyman »

:D Phoenix911 is right. I got a Boost i730 to work. It wasn't easy but after buying a data cable and spending hours trying to connect through webjal data software, I was finally able to get it working. BTW I thnk this is great software. Too bad the people at Boost aren't too smart. They couldn't even upgrade my i730 GPS software. I had to download a 92mb file myself and do it. :cry:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks for the confirmation mannyman. Although your confirmation gives me mixed signals, it sounds like there are "tricks" to getting it work that I may not be able to find (though I am fairly technically adept -- I am a softwre developer myself). I was just about to break down and do the 2 year $50/mo nextel commitment, but think I will take a shot at boostmobile based upon your reply (& phoenix), but would you mind doing me the favor of helping me out if I get stuck? I'm not looking for any commitment of a lot of time or anything, just a willingness to give me a pointer if I hit a dead end. Also some clarification of whether you are using some extra cost boostmobile service, like webconnect, or you just have plain vanilla boostmobile account. Please contact me directly at mmanvile AT ftml.net (replace AT with @)

Thanks, I appreciate it.!
edabney

Another Boost I730 success story

Post by edabney »

Hey there, I read this thread earlier and I recently picked up a Boost I730 to experiment with to see if AccuTracking would work with the Boost phones. Here is what I did to get mine working:

1. Picked up a Boost Mobile phone from ebay. Bought a Re-Boost card from BestBuys for $20. Bought a Serial data cable from ebay (Slower than a USB cable but only a Serial data cable can transfer GPS coordinates to laptops - GPS is not supported directly by USB (although I plan to try a USB to Serial convertor later)

2. Called up Boost Mobile and reactivated the phone ($10 charge). Made sure that I signed up for BoostMobile (20 cents a day)

3. I had to upgrade my I730 from Firmware version R0A.00.06 to R0A.00.09. Get the Motorola update here: http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/sup ... ations.jsp

4. I had to load the Java app directly since Boost Mobile does not appear to directly support downloading 3rd party apps.
I found the program and instructions for using WebJAL here:
http://www.harrythompson.com/webjal.htm

5. Signed up with AccuTracking and started the ap and I'm in business and so for less than $6.00 a month I've got a device available to track my car that also doubles as an emergency cell phone.

Great deal for just $6.00 a month (just remember that Boost minutes expire after 90 days and the phone has to be recharged within every 90 days)

I hope this helps others.... Thanks, Earl
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks edabney. It's of great use to me, and perfect timing, I just took a flyer on hoping ot get this working & bought a boost phone over the weekend, it shipped yesterday & I hope to have it & be able to try this by the weekend. I'll post my results.

Thanks again!
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

the .20 a day web isnt needed.

if it doesnt work, have them enable MMS on your account.

if it still doesnt work, you need to populate the correct fields in RSS
killahb

Post by killahb »

holy cow, it really works.. it keeps getting stuck scanning satellites 1-3 then when it scans 4-6 position it is recieved. works on the boost i830

Re: Another Boost I730 success story

Post by Guest »

I would like to thank edabney as well. With an unlocked i730 and a USB cable from ebay, a boost sim card from i215 boost mobile package purchased from Target, the project is working very well. It totally cost me about $200 to get it started. There is a $10 free call credits from the Target package.
foxx1600

compas

Post by foxx1600 »

i730-x boost
ok it finds sats and gives me location and speed ect but when i try to use the compas it says no image downloaded here at this sight is the file missing a image?? how do i fix this ?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: compas

Post by ATSupport »

You are right one file is missing for the v2.1.6 zip. It's now included please re-download from the front page and re-install. Sorry.
foxx1600 wrote:i730-x boost
ok it finds sats and gives me location and speed ect but when i try to use the compas it says no image downloaded here at this sight is the file missing a image?? how do i fix this ?
Last edited by ATSupport on Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
foxx1600

compass

Post by foxx1600 »

wew ok thxs ill redownload great program love the web map :)