Total connect 1 mg question

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Ralhaz

Total connect 1 mg question

Post by Ralhaz »

So if I set my phone to send out data twice an hour at 60 k a shot... it seems I would go over the limit very fast unless I am not doing the math correct
120 k per hour
Would I not go over my 1mg limit within a day?
That could get expensive with what nextel charges
Let me know please as I may need to rest my phone to a different send intervals
Thanks
Ralhaz
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

it's 60 *BYTES*, not 60 KB. So you are pretty safe even if you set interval to 5 minutes.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Ralhaz

Post by Ralhaz »

Thanks I was doing the math wrong along with the fact that I thought it was KB
Thanks for the quick responce.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Please update to AccuTracking v2.0. The Smart Sending option in v2.0 will save more Total Connect bandwidth. For an explanation about Smart Sending, see the FAQ page.
AccuTracking Support
MisterBerrie

Nextel 1MB Limit

Post by MisterBerrie »

Nextel charged me $600.00 over my regular cell bill because I went 9mb over the 1mb limit. May in a fix you could have the application check to see if the location now is the same as the previous location and if yes, don't send info. Also maybe consider allowing administrator (via a menu selection, almost like the fence but in reverse), to identify locations that s/he doesn't want to know about. If location equals ????don't send.
ATSupport wrote:Please update to AccuTracking v2.0. The Smart Sending option in v2.0 will save more Total Connect bandwidth. For an explanation about Smart Sending, see the FAQ page.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

I am sorry to hear this but $600 for 9M?! Check your bill and this Nextel link. For a 1M plan, Over usage per KB is 1 cent ($0.01). In your case 9000KB x $0.01 = $90. They probably overcharged you way too much.

Again, please upgrade to v2.0 with the smart sending, which will save most of bandwidth for 24x7 trackers.
AccuTracking Support