Data Sent??

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
mrberrie

Data Sent??

Post by mrberrie »

Can someone please tell me, every time I hit the refresh link on the accutracking ?Tracking? i.e, /members.php webpage, how much data [b](KB)[/b] is sent by the Accutracking JAVA Application software from my cell phone? Thanks, I'm still happy :D
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Hitting 'refresh' link on the website won't pull any data from your cell phone. The data is refreshed from the server database.

So don't worry. :)

In the next version, you will have an option of "smart sending" on the phone, which will save users like you (24 x 7 tracking users) a lot of Total Connect bandwidth.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
mrberrie2

24x7 Cha Ching??

Post by mrberrie2 »

Okay, so my cell phone is sending data 24x7 every 2 seconds? How much bandwith/data/kb is my phone sending to the database? Do I turn it off by not running the application or is it only when I request information? Thanks!
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Your phone sends data based on YOUR preferred interval. This is available to change from the Menu.

To stop sending entirely, you need to exit the application.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Also, from the FAQ:

The data packet in the new version (v1.4) includes coordinates (latitude/longitude), speed, heading, altitude. Each sending is about 60 bytes.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

If you are concerned about the Total Connect bandwidth used, please download the new AccuTracking v2.0 which has the Smart Sending option enabled by default.

Assume the tracker is running 24 hours a day but only moving at daytime (8:00AM~8:00PM), smart sending will save 50% of Total Connect bandwidth.

For an explanation about Smart Sending, see the FAQ page.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com