Weak cell signal, but no cached positions.

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Slimson

Weak cell signal, but no cached positions.

Post by Slimson »

I have a problem with low cell signal. Lose postions for hours at a time, then begins providing locations again.
The phone doesn't require reset, but will just begin working again when the signal is srong again (one bar minimum). I don't have the program set to start when phone powered up, so I assume accutracking is running, not restarting.
Most of the time, it doesn't even transmit cached positions, just provides the current position as if it was just started.
If it was just a weak nextel area, shouldn't I be getting all the cached positions?
It was working fine until a couple weeks ago. The signal strength will show 1 bar at a location and a few hours later show 3 bars at the same location.
(version 3.2) 5 min report time,Smart send enabled, Hot GPS enabled, Low signal mode enabled.
Any suggestions?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

This might be related to the latest iDEN network congestion issue with Nextel. Particularly for California region. On our side, we'll adjust the software cache sending algorithm in the next build. Might not help much but we'll try.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Post by Guest »

What is the latest build btw?........Thx, z
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

The latest version is v3.2.6
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com