Updating to newer version

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Slimson

Updating to newer version

Post by Slimson »

Trying to update to latest software revision, but after loading into phone (i415), I find that the tracker ID window will only accept 7 characters, and my tracker ID is 10 characters. I didn't try creating a new tracker ID for concern of being charged for another unit.

Also, the software always wants to default to alphabetical characters instead of numerical, so have to change each character.

The version I am currently using with success is ATPrem 1.2.1
The one I am trying to use is AccuTracking 3.2.3
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Try to re-install the software (uninstall the old version first). This is usually caused by a corrupt installation.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Slimson

Post by Slimson »

I didn't want to do the uninstall due to the existing version working okay.
Well- I followed your advice, and now have no working software on the phone! Same problem with both versions - won't take more than 9 digits in the tracker ID window, and always defaults to alpha characters.
I make sure the power is good by plugging in to wall charger when initializing the software in phone.
Now I'm really sorry I tried the update.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Sorry to hear this but the new version should work fine. I think it's your loader software settings problem. What loader were you using? Try to lower the baud rate of your USB cable connection in your loader's settings. Higher rate may cause corrupt installation.

Also, your first installation took 7 digits as you said, and the second took 9 digits. You should try re-install again till it accpets 10 digits, which means the installation is clean and correct.

"Default to alpha characters" is the expected behavior. Just press the menu key and choose "Numeric".

Let me know if there are more problems.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Slimson

Post by Slimson »

Okay, after much effort I got it working. I discovered that to change to numeric input I had to not only push the menu button, but to hold it until the menu came up allowing the change. So after that got taken care of, I was still only able to input 9 characters (same after several software loads). I finally "tricked" it into accepting the last digit by scrolling forward, then scrolling backward in the tracker ID input window, then it took the last digit and all was well.
Still don't know why it didn't want to take full 10 digits, but I'm not going to mess with it any more as it is now working.
Thanks.