Battery usage

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Skibum

Battery usage

Post by Skibum »

OK

Battery usage is better in the new build, but still excessive. I can run through a battery in under 12 hours. This is not the case using the "Other" software. (Abut 1/2 will be remaining)
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Actually we also noticed the battery drains faster with the continuous satellite number query.

We are considering adding a menu item "check satellites" on the main menu with "send now", "run in bkgd", "Setup..." and "About...". And won't auto check sat num on the main screen.

Thank you,
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

That was something I was going to suggest. either that, or perhaps use one of the soft keys to bring the sat information to the main screen when pushed, but have the screen revert to no sat info after the first fix after the sat request button was pushed.

Of course to do this, you would have to move the menu button to the actual menu key. (something that should be done anyhow...)
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Just one question for you: were you running AccuTracking in the foreground or background on your i730? or flip closed? Because v1.4.4 only checks satellite number when running in foreground. I have compared v1.4.4 battery time with v1.4, with flip closed and hot GPS disabled, they are about the same.
AccuTracking Support
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

I figured that was what you did. I was running with the application in the background.

I thought that there was still excessive battery drain. I will run some comparison tests over the weekend.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Comparison prooved that I was incorrect.
Battery usage is about the same as other similar applications.

(I hate it when I am wrong... :) )
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

It's ok. :) That at least suggests we can keep the satellite number on the main screen.
AccuTracking Support